Aera homeworld?

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Guest wrote:Well, something that I never expected just happened. You know those systems that are owned by the Unknown, and have no inhabited planets? Well, literally thousands of Beholders have swept through the entire galaxy, leaving, to my knowledge, only tw systems untouched. I was lucky enough to be in one of those two systems. As far as I know, only one supercapital ship still exists, fortunatley it's Aera :) . Now this is going to be a challenge.
Wow, that's cool :-D

Dan.a
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

bizzare!

sometimes I think this game has a mind of its own.
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Silverain
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by Silverain »

hellcatv wrote:bizzare!

sometimes I think this game has a mind of its own.
Took you this long to figure it out? :lol:
THOUGHT CRIME! [points finger] THOUGHT CRIME!
Silverain
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by Silverain »

Or did someone get around to putting into dynamic universe the far reaching plan of war between Aera, Rlaan & Human, then later having a new race sweep through?
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

nope...it must have gone haywire!
Ari Rahikkala
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Weren't the Beholders some kind of drone ship by the Ancients, therefore not a new race but a very old one instead ;)? I'm not sure anymore where I got that idea..

Post by Guest »

nope...it must have gone haywire!
Well, I did replace Bartender04.png with a picture of myself, and replaced the Privateer logos with a Star Trek symbol. However, I have no idea how that could possibly affect the dynamic universe AI.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

Resistance is futile!

Post by Guest »

A possible explanation for the game's behavior would be appreciated.
dandandaman
Artisan
Artisan

Post by dandandaman »

Guest wrote:A possible explanation for the game's behavior would be appreciated.
Noone gave one because there isn't one to give. If you didn't modify the universe, then the only possible explanation is that the events were generated by the dynamic universe. But that argument is circular, and since you already know part of it....

If it makes you feel better you can say something like "The events are partly reliant on a random number generator. Statistically what happened to you is always going to be possible, just extremely unlikely. Bad luck (or good luck, depending on the way you look at it)." ;-)

Dan.a
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
-- Pablo Picasso

Post by Guest »

Well, I could get into the Quantum Waveform Uncertainty Principle, but I'm going to leave it at "that's a lot like how the real universe works."

Hey, it is good luck. The Rlaan and Confeds had been almost entirely eliminated, I had been playing for hours without any hint of combat. Now, I can't leave a planet without getting swarmed. While this means a lot of expensive repairs, at least I've got something to do. :D

Post by Guest »

A further update on gameplay:

The Aera and the Confeds have stopped shooting at each other! Now, they team up against the Beholders. (However, since they are invariably destroyed before they can kill all of the Unknown, I haven't had a chance to see if they would shoot at each other once the Unknown were defeated. :roll: )

Post by Guest »

A further update (assuming anyone is still paying attention to this thread):

The It seems almost as though all of the races have agreed to a sort of unofficial cease-fire. They work together against the Unknown! half of Aeran space has been taken back. However, on the rare occasion we win a battle against the Unknown, they go back to killing each other.
brass
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Post by brass »

weird
Silverain
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by Silverain »

Guest wrote:A further update (assuming anyone is still paying attention to this thread):
I am! Riveted, actually. Enjoying hearing what happens down the track.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

wow...it is fascenating!
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

I can just agree with the previous posters.
Exciting story and cool style of story-tell :D

Pontiac
Agent556
Trader
Trader

Post by Agent556 »

holycrap... wheres the aeran homeworld though?
providence2010
Merchant
Merchant

Post by providence2010 »

Hey, I'm pretty interested in finding the Aeran homeworld too. I've gotten enough money/ hack for enough awesome ships, that I could probably do some damage if I got there. Also, I was wondering how you find battle fleets/ figure out where they're going. I've heard all the huge battle stories, and they sound like a lot of fun. It also sounds like I could probably help out alot.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

You can read the news reports for tips.
providence2010
Merchant
Merchant

Post by providence2010 »

I know about the news, and often times when you get into an area of strong contention they'll actually tell you if it looks like something is about to bet attacked. I also know that you can look at vsnav and plot battlesites to see if you can glean something from it, but all in all you either go on a wild goose chase, look for something good for a really long time, or get lucky. I'm just wondering if anyone has found a good way to track troop movements, because alot of th time it seems like battles sip systems, as though they are just passing through enemy systems without attempting to capture them.
cshank4
Merchant
Merchant

Post by cshank4 »

Wow some people have all the luck, all my game has are ISO terrorists destroying hgue swathes of Confed Space. Heck, I had three fighters blow up a cap ship I had docked at not just seconds before.
Moon hangs around
a blade over my head
reminds me
what to do before I’m dead
night consumes light
and all I dread
reminds me what to do before I’m dead
DaTrekker
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

This is "Picard":

Post by DaTrekker »

Sorry it's been so long since I posted, I finally got to register. Any way, here's what's been happening in my universe: It's all-out chaos. There are no borders, all of the factions are equaly mixed, and everyone's shooting at everyone else. a given system has an equal chance of belonging to the Unknown, Aera, Confeds (or one of their lesser affiliated races), Rlaan (or one of their lesser affiliated races), or pirates. I pretty much go around blowing up anything that isn't Aera.
Captain: Damn the torpedoes, ramming speed!

Helmsman: Um, sir, we're in dock.
Spock
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Spock »

What's happening in my game is that the Confeds, along with my blowing their ships up, are killing off the Rlaan and now killing off Aera somehow. I'm with the pirates on this one, I usually jump into battle and tractor the remains of all that I can kill and find. And that's the story so far. Oh yeah, I killed lotsa merchants too. LOTS. Too many people chasing me nowadays =(.
Live long and prosper.
Stakhanov
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Stakhanov »

The Aeran Oligarchy is supposed to be located in "Aeneth" ... but there is no system with that name , only a rather large sector. I reached one of its systems today , but while it is clearly aera (a station or 2) nothing hints that I'm nearing their homeworld. It was mostly deserted , although the andolian frontlines were 3-4 jumps away. I'd run through a fleet of several vitiks and their fighter hordes in a random system , then find the others mostly undefended. Actually , it's understandable since the aera have conquered a fairly large part of the galaxy in my game - I partly helped them with that - and must be spread thin. Still , I can't wait to find their real base of operations and buy a vitik attack carrier supercapship there :P