problems in Vega Strike Will be solution ?

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.
redkrystal
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

problems in Vega Strike Will be solution ?

Post by redkrystal »

Hello I downloaded and installed fedora Vega strike on 13
Of space games I've played several frelancer Wing Commander universe X and other
Playing the game I saw that you are still building lacks many things and there are many things still to improve

1. The beginning is missing a movie there are only still images that are not used in any modern game most especially the type of Vega Strike

2 where the story is what 'the end of vega strike?: The beginning of the game does not define
you have to do? It is not clear just shoot and trade seems very simplistic as the end

3 star chart that can be seen only in flight while the other ships shooting at you is useless
The map must also display on the bases / planets

4The graphical map must be improved and also the names of the systems is a system called xdklsjkhjkdskl??
who remembers? what is the point?

5 presupposes that all the games you can buy ships including warships and their capital ship weapons and not just some

6 weapons as well as ships should always be available, it loses too much time seeking to arm the ships does not make sense

7 control of the mouse needs to be improved two viewfinders y overlap or leave hit the target and shoot you do not play very well with two viewfinders
how to use a freelancer for the guide would be much more agile as a way to drive a spaceship

8 the problem of inertia in space for space civilization do0vrebbe not be a concern as to win so many systems have to be a long space and passing the problem of inertia of the vessels add a gadget to mitigate the effect of 'inertia

9 weapons you should be able to interchange between the ships of the player and then sell them for absurd ricomprale to install them in new ships

10, the player must decide which slot to install the weapons on the type of slot and not the program

example, if a slot is high then it must also be able to use medium and low-type weapons not only high

11, the docking system is terrible that we do not play with the docking system and change

12 map of the game should be similar in function to that of a freelancer or X2

13 games for the inaction of the vessels can not play very well too much time is lost during the battles and the docking this aspect needs to be improved

14 sides:

to improve the relationship with the individual factions should be able to pay or do something to improve the management of the factions

each side must have its own symbol so that it can be recognized in space

systems planets bases so you can recognize

pirate bases where you can buy special weapons that are not on the basis of the factions

the game is to waste time earning money for the missions give a pittance for the various missions

to make money you have to use tricks and this is no longer playing the game should afford to buy ships as soon as possible and not later than one year since he started playing

fights do not give much satisfaction as the management of ships is not optimal

the system does not indicate the attackers into space tracking system must indicate with a red arrow hostile vessels attacking us so that they can identify on radar or on the main screen and defend

the colors are not very advanced sensors since it does not show the enemy only pirates are shown as enemies and what is not useful when we cross the space
and various systems

neutral hostile factions such as red white blue or green friends

the number of missiles that can be loaded is too limited

on large capital ships ship must be able to charge ships a want and even change them before loading them on the capital ship

during missions to the hostile factions must not attack the player

the load is on a cargo ship must remain on the ship until the player moves to another ship or sell the automatic management system of the game should not interfere with what is in the ships should not the automatic load / download anything from ships only the player

says something when a ship does not allow the system to respond quickly and you lose time to find the ship that has called us

ships may not be assigned a name

the player must be able to change ship-base and capital ship

vega Streik the game is interesting but they lack many things to be able to make a playable game it takes too long
freelancer after a week was over here and do not know when the game ends.

too long, too long lost in space to try to guide the ship or go in a direction
The goal is not clear you do not know what to do player

there is no story to follow with which empathize
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Re: problems in Vega Strike Will be solution ?

Post by Deus Siddis »

The desirability of almost everything you mention is probably universal. (Except for anti-inertia, that seems ridiculous and needless since more powerful retro and lateral thrusters are all you need to counter excessive drift).

But the issue right now is we need more devoted volunteers to help us get things like these, and many others, done.

Either way, I do see a few things in your list we could have completed before the next release without too much trouble, methinks.
Gungnir
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Gungnir »

redkrystal wrote:Hello I downloaded and installed fedora Vega strike on 13
Of space games I've played several frelancer Wing Commander universe X and other
Playing the game I saw that you are still building lacks many things and there are many things still to improve

1. The beginning is missing a movie there are only still images that are not used in any modern game most especially the type of Vega Strike

2 where the story is what 'the end of vega strike?: The beginning of the game does not define
you have to do? It is not clear just shoot and trade seems very simplistic as the end

3 star chart that can be seen only in flight while the other ships shooting at you is useless
The map must also display on the bases / planets

4The graphical map must be improved and also the names of the systems is a system called xdklsjkhjkdskl??
who remembers? what is the point?

5 presupposes that all the games you can buy ships including warships and their capital ship weapons and not just some

6 weapons as well as ships should always be available, it loses too much time seeking to arm the ships does not make sense

7 control of the mouse needs to be improved two viewfinders y overlap or leave hit the target and shoot you do not play very well with two viewfinders
how to use a freelancer for the guide would be much more agile as a way to drive a spaceship

8 the problem of inertia in space for space civilization do0vrebbe not be a concern as to win so many systems have to be a long space and passing the problem of inertia of the vessels add a gadget to mitigate the effect of 'inertia

9 weapons you should be able to interchange between the ships of the player and then sell them for absurd ricomprale to install them in new ships

10, the player must decide which slot to install the weapons on the type of slot and not the program

example, if a slot is high then it must also be able to use medium and low-type weapons not only high

11, the docking system is terrible that we do not play with the docking system and change

12 map of the game should be similar in function to that of a freelancer or X2

13 games for the inaction of the vessels can not play very well too much time is lost during the battles and the docking this aspect needs to be improved

14 sides:

to improve the relationship with the individual factions should be able to pay or do something to improve the management of the factions

each side must have its own symbol so that it can be recognized in space

systems planets bases so you can recognize

pirate bases where you can buy special weapons that are not on the basis of the factions

the game is to waste time earning money for the missions give a pittance for the various missions

to make money you have to use tricks and this is no longer playing the game should afford to buy ships as soon as possible and not later than one year since he started playing

fights do not give much satisfaction as the management of ships is not optimal

the system does not indicate the attackers into space tracking system must indicate with a red arrow hostile vessels attacking us so that they can identify on radar or on the main screen and defend

the colors are not very advanced sensors since it does not show the enemy only pirates are shown as enemies and what is not useful when we cross the space
and various systems

neutral hostile factions such as red white blue or green friends

the number of missiles that can be loaded is too limited

on large capital ships ship must be able to charge ships a want and even change them before loading them on the capital ship

during missions to the hostile factions must not attack the player

the load is on a cargo ship must remain on the ship until the player moves to another ship or sell the automatic management system of the game should not interfere with what is in the ships should not the automatic load / download anything from ships only the player

says something when a ship does not allow the system to respond quickly and you lose time to find the ship that has called us

ships may not be assigned a name

the player must be able to change ship-base and capital ship

vega Streik the game is interesting but they lack many things to be able to make a playable game it takes too long
freelancer after a week was over here and do not know when the game ends.

too long, too long lost in space to try to guide the ship or go in a direction
The goal is not clear you do not know what to do player

there is no story to follow with which empathize
1. This is mainly because of a lack of a movie to add, I think (and I'm not sure if the engine supports movies right now...)

2. The story hasn't been added yet.

3. The whole map/nav system could use some work, but that's probably a can of worms that no one wants to open right now.

4. Again, the map needs work. Also, that system is in Rlaan space, so it's in the Rlaan language... But it could have a easier-to-remember name.

5. I agree, all ships should be available for purchase; that said, military capships would be incredibly difficult to find, not to mention incredibly expensive...

6. Actually, it does make sense; it makes perfect sense for a Fighter Barracks to have fighter-based weapons, and a trade planet to have typical merchant defense weapons, and a capship production facility to have capship weapons.

7. Can't understand what you mean here, sorry.

8. I assume you're talking about inertial dampeners lessening or removing the effects of momentum on a craft, however, inertial dampeners(I think) only function in the crew quarters, and have no effect on the craft as a whole.

9. Actually, you can trade parts between craft: sell the part from one ship, then (without undocking or quitting) switch to your other ship and re-buy the part; this could certainly be streamlined, though.

10. Not sure what you mean here, sorry.

11. The docking system is a area of hot debate right now; some (like myself) believe that it's fine right now, some think it should be automated, some think docking should be done with shuttles and tugs sent from capships, etc.

12. Never played either of those, so I can't comment.

13. AI is being worked on; I think the changes might be in SVN (they might not, though)

Bribing might be added later, but if you want to improve relations, kill luddites.

This already exists to some extent, the main problem is that most, if not all, of the art assets are extremely outdated. They'll all be redone/updated for CineMut, when that is finished.

Don't understand what you mean here, sorry.

This should be added; a station/planet/system where you can buy illegal weapons and ships sounds cool.

That's the whole point of the "Trading" game genre; if you don't like it, hack yourself a better ship and go kill some pirates or aera or whatever fits your fancy.

I assume you mean squads of fighters; this is (IIRC) being worked on.

There are several radars that can do this, look for one that has friendly/hostile support for AFHH (all the StarScanners and the high end Hawkeye radars have this)

Actually, it colors all hostiles...

This you have to memorize; red means hostile, blue means hostile that's locked on to you, yellow means neutral, green means friendly, and I can't remember white.

Missiles are insanely powerful; a single camera tracking missile will kill a hyena, and torps will kill most light capships in a single hit (provided they aren't taken out by point defense); more missiles and you would literally be unstoppable.

I assume you mean that capships come with cargo, which really isn't a problem as you get tons of money back by selling it, and it's not like you buy capships all the time...
You also could mean the way the game automatically loads cargo into your ship when you accept a cargo mission; in this case, I don't understand your argument...

You can use shift-T to cycle backwards through the list of craft, h to cycle through hostiles, and p (I think) to cycle through targets near your crosshair.

You can assign names to ships, you just have to do a little save file modifying :twisted: . There should be a GUI for this, though.

I don't understand what you mean by this, sorry.

The game doesn't end; it will continue forever.

You can use the map to set navigation routes to different systems. Also, the goal is pretty much self-explanitory (I thought, at least), you trade, fight, pillage, explore, or just run around aimlessly :) .

There will be a story, it just isn't in the game yet.

EDIT: Deus Siddis basically summed all this up in four sentences... Thanks Deus.
~Gungnir
segfault wrote:if I was actually in space I'd totally be throwing on autopilot and relaxing in the back during the trip, sipping space wine and listening (rlaan?) jazz.
Rig: i5 2500k @ 5ghz, 2x OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD boot drives, AMD Radeon HD 7950 @ 1100/1575 (Catalyst 12.1 Linux and 12.3 Windows), dual-boot Fedora 16 KDE and Windows 7 Pro
redkrystal
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by redkrystal »

thanks for the replies I know that the game is' under construction, but playing Vega Strike is somewhat lacking adrenalida the shooter as a freelancer, where the battles are very fast
Another aspect that I noticed in the game 1) the background of the radar with a transparent background star when you have a radar base is to confuse the points of the vessels are mixed up with the points of the stars.
2)arrows showing the ships look good when you do not see enough overlap to various sensors that are in the center screen

I wish you good job