Base Computer Interface 2.0-ULN

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.
-REBEL3-
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Base Computer Interface 2.0-ULN

Post by -REBEL3- »

Picking up where we left off...

Here's a rough sketch of the Uln computer interface. If you can't read my handwriting, I could clarify what I wrote, but have no time right now...

Written notes:

Should be gaudy+shiny-lots of reds and golds.
Should not look horribly advanced-the screen is a flatpanel (as opposed to holo), similar in looks to todays flat screens.
The room I envisioned as a bare cube-if a better artist wants to put a ornate couch or something in, it could fill up the space, though I always envisioned the little rooms the interfaces were in as private cubicles.

~R3

Edit-sorry about the PDF format. That's just the way my scanner does things... :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Re: Base Computer Interface 2.0-ULN

Post by chuck_starchaser »

All these 3 Base Computer threads should be in the Art & Content Vetting forum; NOT here in Developer Focus.
This forum is for discussing code. Could some admin or moderator move them?
-REBEL3-
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by -REBEL3- »

OK, who moved them here? :roll: Art+ Content vetting, please!

*EDIT*-something is acting up. I only posted in Dev. Forums, but the post is showing up in the Documenting the VS Universe section as well. When I edit this post in one section, the edits show up on the other post in the other section too. It looks like a weird bug of some kind...anyway, please delete the extra copy and move the other. :?

~R3
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

It's not a bug, it's how things work when you move threads, a link remains in the original thread (otherwise you might think your thread has been deleted).

I thought it made more sense in this forum, since you're pretty much documenting GUI style guidelines (instead of producing finished art) - am I wrong?
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Oh, accept my apologies; I just looked at one of the pdf's and it looked to me like art vetting.
-REBEL3-
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by -REBEL3- »

I was trying to produce 3 rough pieces of concept-art, that a better artist could use to create finished rooms for a base...I don't know if it is canonical, I do know that is was never OK'd by jackS (or anyone else serving in his stead.)

Do what you think best with it, though. :D
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Well, then you have two things.

One, your description of how ULN/Aera/etc computer interfaces look like (the body of the post), which better serves this forum (documenting).

Then, the PDFs themselves, concept art does go in content vetting.

Thing is, right now the PDFs are very rough and hard to read. When you get them in better shape, just post them again in content vetting.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
-REBEL3-
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by -REBEL3- »

I know the PDFs are quite bad, apparently, my scanner hates me. However, since I will be gone for a bit, I wanted to post what I had-the most important bits are there. I will post again-I just need to trace the drawings in ink.