Sundered

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.
Erk
Trader
Trader

Sundered

Post by Erk »

The forsaken wikipage makes repeated reference to "sundered" worlds and refugees, but I can't find reference elsewhere to the Sundered. Who be they?
swright
Explorer
Explorer

Post by swright »

Sundered worlds do not, as such, refer to a specific people. In fact, quite the contrary, it refers to worlds which are isolated from the balance of civilized space. A sundered world is one which lies in a system having no jump nodes.

In the early days of colonization, before the discovery of the jump network, many colony vessels were deployed to distant stars believed to host suitable worlds for human colonization. Some, by chance, turned out to be on the jump network. But many, as poor luck would have it, were not. These colonies developed in a complete vacuum seperated from all support until the development of the SPEC drive many years hence. This isolation bred many interesting circumstances. See this article for more discussion of sundered worlds and their relation to Pirate Houses such as House Blythe and other Neo-Barbarian minor factions.
Erk
Trader
Trader

Post by Erk »

Thanks, swright :) I will cross-link the pages so that the forsaken article and the pirate article are less opaque. Both those articles need a lot of crosslinking and subheaders to be of use to people looking for information rather than novellas; I will begin adding some in :)