Question on textures

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

Beowulf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Question on textures

Post by Beowulf »

Hi,

I have a problem with the textures of a few models I have: As far as I know the only textures vegastrike will accept are square and power of two in length. The problem is that not all the textures for the models are square and some even aren't power of two. Is there any quick way to fix this except for re-unwrapping the models and redoing all the textures? By the way I'm using blender.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way, will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

You have two options: You can open the texture files in some image editor and use a stretch feature to stretch the image say from 800x600 to 1024x512 or 1024x1024 or something.

This will slightly reduce quality in doing so, but it keeps you from having to adjust coordinates since they are done in the percentage of width/height.

The other way is to adjust canvas size or something which will make it bigger but not stretch the image. This will make quality slightly better, but it's not worth it because you will have to go to your model file and update each and every coordinate.
Beowulf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Beowulf »

Ah, that sounds gread, I'll try it as soon as I'm back home again. Thanks :)
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way, will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn