vegastrike renegade legion MOD.

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

starlord
Merchant
Merchant

vegastrike renegade legion MOD.

Post by starlord »

hello to all, starlord here:

It seems the vegastrike MODS have grown to almost all sci fi space universes: Yet I say only almost:

Has anybody heard of the renegade legion universe (and a very good game in it called renegade: battle for jacob's star)?

It would truly be great if that truly epic sci fi universe was somewhat preserved too (as it is nearly extinct today).

Ships in that universe are quite exotic: containing several ships such as the cheetah commenwhealth light fighter, the spiculum TOG medium fighter, etc...

I would advice all interested modders to give it a look: it would be a great opportunity for the vegastrike community to discover/rediscover a nearly unknown universe like this and to preserve it.

please give your feelings about this.

regards.

starlord.
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

Moved to general modding forum.
starlord
Merchant
Merchant

Post by starlord »

come on!

Nobody interested in this?

The former games are on the underdogs website.

search for renegade: battle for jacob's star.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

My friend, many moons ago you showed up at the WCU forum and proposed the WC Zero project. I gave you full support and started working on the models right away. Other people then joined in, contributing story ideas, reference materials and whatnot. You didn't do *anything* during all that time. I set up a wiki for your convenience, fully categorized, and I asked you repeatedly to please help flesh it out. You never even touched it. What's there is just what I did.
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... 0#Timeline
And after months of doing nothing you announced you quit the project, saying you had "nothing MORE to add", paraphrasing...
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... 3677#83677

How do you expect anyone to take your new project proposal seriously? (And a project that is much more challenging, at that; since it's a different game, needing a lot more engine work to realise.) Are you ready to program?, ready to script?, ready to edit xml and csv files?, ready to model?, ready to texture?, ready to write plots?, storylines and dialogues? And above all, are you ready to stick with it through good times and bad times? I believe not.

There's a difference between talking the talk, and walking the walk, you know what I mean? And I don't mean this as personal criticism, since I don't know what the demands of RL are on your time; but this is a tight community here, and most people in these boards I'm sure followed the WC0 thread with interest. Just look at the hits to posts ratio... (over 4000 hits!). I'm afraid your reputation is splat toast around here, after that... Like about -666 in a scale from -100 to +100 I'd say.

Sorry to break it to 'ya, but I think you'll need a new forum name, to hope for a second chance. Well, maybe if you mod the engine yourself and come up with a working prototype of a Renegade Remake, then people might take you more seriously; but just proposing a project and expecting others to do all the work..., I don't think that'll get you anywhere, anymore.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

As a follow-up to chuck's post, here are my views (and I don't care if you have a 'reputation' or not, this applies to everyone.)

I don't want to come off as hostile, but in general the "I would like to see this done, so why doesn't someone work on it?" approach to getting things accomplished does not work.

For Elite Strike, I was able to attract some real talent, but I had to put in a lot of grunt work to get it off the ground. And now that I don't really have time to work on it, nobody is working on it.

If you really want someone to just take your idea and build it on their own time with no effort from you, be prepared to pay them for it.

Don't get me wrong: it sounds like a cool universe and I love seeing new Mod projects spring up for VS. But modding is a lot of work, and it's unreasonable to expect a group of people to just start working on something because you had a good idea.