Promethius

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

re: poly count

Whatever you've got is fine, and the more LODs the better!
FlyingAce
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by FlyingAce »

well, my comp slows down when I have 1Prometheus, 1Intrepid, 1Galaxy, 1Defiant, and 1miranda, and mostly due to my high poly models, also: how does the size attribute on the LOD tag work?
Duality
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Duality »

My models are around 100 to 250 polygons.. Texture map is 1024x1024 with .jpg format which is 150k.. do they need LOD??

I have created and skinned up to a total of 18 ships. Doing the LOD for models would take up way more time for me.. Unless if I do the texturing LOD(i don't know if it will speed up the process).
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

you might consider making higher-poly versions for people with newer video cards...
but they certainly don't need low LODs unless you want to make things that would happen when they were dots on the screen
but I figure it's just fine the way ti is
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
FlyingAce
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by FlyingAce »

hellcat- what about the phaser thingy, can phasers that are entirely engulfed by the rest of the ship when the prometheus is whole be deactivated during that time?
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

FlyingAce wrote:hellcat- what about the phaser thingy, can phasers that are entirely engulfed by the rest of the ship when the prometheus is whole be deactivated during that time?
while i'm no hellcat, I would imagine that it would be possible to specify one unit file for when the three pieces are together, and 3 separate completely different unit files for when they are apart.

though what would happen if one part became destroyed or damaged, I am not sure.