Serinity Mod

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

sabron
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Serinity Mod

Post by sabron »

Man i dont know squat about modding or how to do it.. but im posting this idea out in the open.

Making a Serenity Mod for the RP game serenity.. whould be awsome
Pissing off the world 1 person at a time
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

dead link hurleybird :wink: what it pointed to sabron was a forum that was up just after the movie came out the concusion was we wait for the move to the Ogre 3D back end and therefore more resources to work with 8) so it's not dead just sleeping :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
www2
Venturer
Venturer
Location: milkyway->the sol system->earth->Europe->The Nederland->Soud Holland->Leiden

Post by www2 »

@loki1950

hurleybird is a admin and he can not see that this link for the nomal user a dead link is...
All Your Base Are Belong To Us
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

didn't know that is my memory off track for the summary though :oops:

hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

Oooops, my bad ;)
Fludderlumpagoose

Re: Serinity Mod

Post by Fludderlumpagoose »

sabron wrote:Man i dont know squat about modding or how to do it.. but im posting this idea out in the open.

Making a Serenity Mod for the RP game serenity.. whould be awsome
Glad you said something. when my son and i found oolite 3 years ago we thought it was the coolest game. asked stear9 to make a firefly for that game to LOL.
and i am unsure what is being said about the mod sleeping. i wish i was a moder to. heck building a ship and getting it in game would be like a wild birthday party in sucess!
SO a happy bump and go wake his @$$ up! :lol: im just kidding. but i support the verse and six shooters and flying cows across space!
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome aboard anyway 8) this mod is not just sleeping I think they need the service of a necromancer :mrgreen: But any one with blender could model their own Firefly I am sure that they would get help putting it into the game :wink:

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

The need for a necromancer would imply this mod was ever alive. AFAIK, it was just an idea that never materialized.

The hardest part of such a mod, is fitting VS's gameplay within Serenity's story. They're quite diametrically opposite. But if someone manages to do it, surely creating the mod wouldn't be that hard (provided you've got the models, and there won't be many required since Serenity didn't have that much variety on ships).
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Fludderlumpagoose

stear9 made a model of one for oolite, could that be shifted over somehow? as far as the rest of the models the best place is that serenity special blueprint of all the ships thing.
http://www.geekalerts.com/serenity-blue ... ence-pack/
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

klauss wrote: The hardest part of such a mod, is fitting VS's gameplay within Serenity's story. They're quite diametrically opposite.
Yeah, Vega Strike is one part character interaction and nine parts spaceflight, Firefly was nine parts character interaction and one part spaceflight.
Fludderlumpagoose wrote:stear9 made a model of one for oolite, could that be shifted over somehow?
If it is in .obj format, then yes.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

klauss wrote:provided you've got the models, and there won't be many required since Serenity didn't have that much variety on ships
Yeah, the only real mashup ship wise was the reaver ships and that could really benefit from a modular design base.

The missions and storyline for the mod would be interesting depending on how deep you wanted to get into the theme. There are plenty of Firefly sites out there to get info from. It was a sad day when that show was cancelled :cry: Oh well, at least I have Castle to watch (and see guest appearances of the old firefly cast on occasion). Seems your last name has to end with an F (Harrison Ford, Nathan Fillion) to be a damn good space smuggler.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Fludderlumpagoose

i know just a bit on how difficult it is for you guys to program all of it. and i agree a total remake of VS into firefly would be difficult. need alot more skyrim sword in that patch to make it real. but the ships alone from the firefly class company has made an appearance in alot of big named stuff. in starwars obiwon meets the 4 armed cook to talk about the poison dart....but before you get to go inside, look out the window to see her fly by lol.