MMO Mod

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

yusuff
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

MMO Mod

Post by yusuff »

Dear Vegastriketeam,

My name is Silvio Reindl. I'm 47 years old and I'm studying economics at Fernuni Hagen in Germany.
My knowledge of English is modest, but there is now good help on the Internet.

I'm a passionate gamer myself and I'm so sorry, but so far you haven't been able to convince me of your game. I have a marketing idea and I am sure that you will benefit from it and would like to take it on in your big project "Vega Strike".

Nevertheless, your engine interests me, of course. I've been working on a game idea for 2 years and your engine would be ideal for it, of course open source.

It is an MMO space simulation with 3 completely different game elements that are to be linked together.

Similar to Sea of ​​Thieves, there should be no actual character progression or upgrading of weapons and the like. Everyone always starts with the same prerequisites.

I would like to reach three types of players.
On the one hand, the classic space pilot who flies around and fulfills tasks and earns money, fame and so on.
He can join the game at any time, earn a few credits with his spaceship through rescue missions, piracy, trade or mercenary contracts and spend them on amusements, more on that later.

There will be farcasters. I got the idea from Dan Simmons Hyperion.

So you can travel quickly to other planets without having to fly expensively.
The main task will be the server change to be accomplished.

The 2nd type of player enjoys creating their own system, trading and creating orders in a global system.
These can then be carried out yourself or given to the players who just want to fly. You can switch between the different game types at any time. He can earn a lot of in-game currency.
Later these systems can be connected to Farcaster.

Roadmap
1. Creating one stable System on a server
- Maybe u are very proud about your "worldchanging Backgroundsystem" but for the first we dont need it, so we through aboard all that stuff
(there are too many variables to manage)
- we implement it later one step by another
- port to Freebsd, windows, linux
- testing how many players get on the system and so on

2. to be continued 😉
ThinkSome
Merchant
Merchant

Re: MMO Mod

Post by ThinkSome »

Exciting :)