Star Control Mod: Vega Control, The Ur-Quan Masters

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

Wow, that slave-sheild looks awesome.

What kind of a rig are you running on though? those textures look uber-compressed/
Culture20
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Culture20 »

The machine I made the screenshots from is a 1GHz P3 with 256 MB RAM, and a Geforce2 GTS video card. Nothing special by today's standards.
Culture20
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Culture20 »

SC2/UQM flagship configuration at beginning of the game (wings3d screenshot; haven't figured out subunits adequately enough to put this ship in vegastrike yet; each ship module & the ship skeleton is a unit unto itself):
Last edited by Culture20 on Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Wow, this looks awesome.
How far are you planning to go with this? A total conversion mod would rock hard. :mrgreen:
Culture20
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Culture20 »

To be frank, I'm not certain I know what you mean by "total conversion" mod.
My original intent was to use the released SC2/UQM code to create a hyperspace starmap, and attempt to make SC2 in 3D.
My first step will be making the Sol System, as complete as possible from SC2's start-point.
Unfortunately, my _real_ first step is to find some more free time, an internet connection, and a better computer. And then I have to start relearning the bxmf conversion method.
:oops:
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

I've heard people refer to mods which touch on nearly every aspect of the game as "total conversion"- new models, maps, textures, interface, gameplay, the works. The textbook example of a total conversion mod is Counter-strike. Of course, making mods for half-life is different from modding software such as Vegastrike, so I might be propogating a term which doesn't exactly apply.

Anyway, good luck getting your computer troubles worked out. If there's anything I can do to help (apart from buying you a new one :P), please let me know.
Culture20
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Culture20 »

The wonders of a real job have produced a new computer (not too much more time though). The first thing I'm doing with it are editing some 250MB+ gimp files that were getting to cumbersome for my old rig. After that, I'm going to start putting the Mark I together as a VS model.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Awesome! I wish I could volunteer, but between real life and Elite Strike my hands are tied up.

Anyway, good luck! You have my full-fledged support.