AI using tractor beam?

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

Andy
Merchant
Merchant

AI using tractor beam?

Post by Andy »

Hi all,

I switched here from the Privateer Gemini Gold forum, so I don't know the origibnal VS. Sorry for that.
I only would like to know, if it's possible to make AI planes use their tractor beams to collect some dropped cargo from time to time... this would be a nice feature in PGG. Maybe it is already implemented in VS... If so, could you please tell how it is activated/what files control it?
Best regards,
Andy
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: AI using tractor beam?

Post by klauss »

Hi back :)

As I mentioned out there :) no, it's not.

It wouldn't be overly hard. First, support for distinguishing which weapon kinds to fire (missiles, guns, tractor beams) ought to be added to FireAt (an AI class).

Then, AggressiveAI, another class, has to parse an xml parameter telling it which kind of weapons to fire, and an xml script tailored for cargo-container-vs-scavenger action added to VegaEvents.csv.

Not overly hard.

;)

So... add this to the feature request tracker?
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Andy
Merchant
Merchant

Re: AI using tractor beam?

Post by Andy »

klauss wrote:So... add this to the feature request tracker?
that would be nice. I think it would add some more immerson to both games. Maybe the AI shouldn't try to select all the stuff hoovering around, so the function should randomly be called... ...just my ideas... ;)