Nebulae?

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

w03
Mercenary
Mercenary

Nebulae?

Post by w03 »

This may seem like a strange question due to the state of the current nebula system, but...

How do I make a new type of nebula? (e.g., blue-nebula)

I have the .bfxm mesh files and the textures, but where do I go from there?
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Re: Nebulae?

Post by esgaroth »

Hmm, a first step would be to create a folder like /units/factions/neutral/blue-nebula or something like this. Have a look how the stuff in green-nebula looks like and add it accordingly (or copy, rename and change accordingly). Add your bfxm and texture. Second you´d have to add it to the units.csv (open it and see how it looks for green-nebula and add it accordingly. Third, add it to a systems file and have a look whether it works...
w03
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by w03 »

I tried what you said, but the nebula wouldn't show up. I also added my nebula to the nebulae.txt file, but the nebula still refused to show up. I think the problem is in the nebulae.txt file, but I can't figure out how to solve it.

By the way, thanks for your help on my other two questions as well!
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Strange. IIRC, if you add it directly to a .system file the nebulae.txt shouldnt be involved at all. Have you tried to simply duplicate an already-present nebula (duplicate everything, folder, bfxm, entry in units.csv etc.) and then change the name accordingly and see whether it works ? And, if you add an already present nebula in your systems file, does it show up ? i have experienced a lot of shit when manually editing systems files - somtimes the things simply dont work because of a missing space in the systems file....