Mod Announcement and Sub-forum Request

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Mod Announcement and Sub-forum Request

Post by rivalin »

I know the forum's been a bit comatose lately, so I'm not expecting much of a response, but the planning for the mod I've been working on is well underway so I thought I'd do a basic introductory post for anyone interested. The setting and art design document is almost ready, and hopefully people will find it a nice contrast to vanilla Vegastrike.

All the basic planning groundwork on getting the mod up and running is done, and I'm getting to the point where having a subforum would be useful, so if one of the mods could set that up it would be great.
Last edited by rivalin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Mod Announcement and Sub-forum Request

Post by loki1950 »

Hi rivalin nice work 8) here's what i propose this can be your introductory thread and we see if it attracts some support for a week so next Sunday if all goes well i will create that sub-forum in the Mods section and move this thread there in the mean time do you web space for a svn repo or would Git serve your needs a bit better if svn it is possible to register with sourceforge and use their services if Git each of your contributers could keep a personal copy that could sync with any number of others so either way you have some administrative decisions to make :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by rivalin »

loki1950 wrote:Hi rivalin nice work 8) here's what i propose this can be your introductory thread and we see if it attracts some support for a week so next Sunday if all goes well i will create that sub-forum in the Mods section and move this thread there in the mean time do you web space for a svn repo or would Git serve your needs a bit better if svn it is possible to register with sourceforge and use their services if Git each of your contributers could keep a personal copy that could sync with any number of others so either way you have some administrative decisions to make :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
Thanks Loki, that sounds reasonable, except I expect that there will be a catch-22 situation where there won't be any interest and people wanting to join unless people can see a forum and some forward progress, and there won't be a forum without first showing people are interested. Development on UTCS has pretty much slowed to a crawl and there aren't that many people around, so it's unlikely anyone will show much interest straight away without a clearly organized subforum and threads full of concept art, game design proposals etc, and even then it's probably going to take a long while to drum up much support, so a permanent base would be useful as a start. But yeah, it's up to you and waiting a week or so isn't a big deal :)
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

How are things coming along?
You're right; I didn't even notice this thread before.
How many people in the team?
Phlogios
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Phlogios »

Wow that looks really cool!
What's really fresh about nightfall in my opinion is the art consistency. All the art looks like it belongs there.
"Enjoy the Choice" - A very wise man from Ottawa.
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

What really jumps out at me about this are two things-

1) This is the first original mod outside of VS that runs on the VS engine.

2) The starmap has very few star systems and there's a planet map, which both gives me the impression this is going to focus more attention and significance on a few locations rather than entire regions. Like giving planets as much attention as VS spreads over solar systems.

I wonder if the Aesuri and Remnant are alien species?
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Phlogios has right ! it's really consistencies universe and art.
i like on point :
On the universe map(look nice btw) It looks like some "commercial road" through some planet.
The way you have more traffic on some road and less trafficon other (means planet are more or less important )is a clearly simple and clever idea which is often missing in a lot of space game.
A war is often open for protect/extend ressources gathering road.

It will be great if some of your model will be share with Vegastrike as the space station in above picture (nb 3)
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Very interesting concept, indeed. Any progress so far ? I have had a bit of experience in modding in the last years (mainly in vegatrek) and could give a helping hand, if that is needed...