display a message

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

dagg
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

display a message

Post by dagg »

is there a way in the game currently to display a message using the gui?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Re: display a message

Post by ace123 »

yes, but I need more specifics. Where in the game? How big/noticable must it be? Do you need user interaction?
dagg
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by dagg »

ace123 wrote:yes, but I need more specifics. Where in the game? How big/noticable must it be? Do you need user interaction?
I was asked by esgatorh to limit a player's ability to buy a ship in a specific base depending on it's relation to the faction that that base belongs to, I've used the GetRelation function to check but I need to display a message if his relation isn't high enough.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

dagg wrote:
ace123 wrote:yes, but I need more specifics. Where in the game? How big/noticable must it be? Do you need user interaction?
I was asked by esgatorh to limit a player's ability to buy a ship in a specific base depending on it's relation to the faction that that base belongs to, I've used the GetRelation function to check but I need to display a message if his relation isn't high enough.
It is possible for units/units.csv to have a different row for each race, and each row can have a different set of imported cargo.

Anyway about the error message, the reason I asked is every screen in the game has a different method.

Since you are trying to display an error message in the base computer, use the "showAlert" function. It just takes a string as its only argument.
dagg
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by dagg »

thanks, will try