How to acquire corvette and destroyer ?

This is the location for all mods to collaborate. Anyone making or planning their own mod should post help requests, screen shots and news here.

Moderators: Omega, tillias, Mod Contributor

atreyde
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

How to acquire corvette and destroyer ?

Post by atreyde »

First, escusez-moi for my poor accent, I am French, and I am not sure that the good forum belongs.

But, I search has acquire a destroyer or a corvette.
I found a very profitable trade, and I have five hundred million currencies:D.
Suddenly, why not buy a big vessel?

Aurevoir

P.S : Can they put one of its vessels in sound vessels, as a secondary vessel?
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Re: How to acquire corvette and destroyer ?

Post by Deus Siddis »

The forum you are probably looking for to ask this sort of question is either:

User Help

Or

Gameplay Tactics

But to answer your question, you can't buy Corvettes, Destroyers or Frigates in the game yet. The only warship larger than a Goddard that you can buy right now is the Clydesdale, which is in fact a Cruiser, and in being a Cruiser, it will cost you alot more than 500 million, more like 8 or 80 billion credits. :shock:

One thing you can do right now though is save-game-hack yourself a ship that you want, and if you feel like playing fair, deduct a good portion of your credits with the same hack, to simulate actually purchasing a Vigilance or Kahan since the game doesn't allow it.
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: How to acquire corvette and destroyer ?

Post by TBeholder »

In SVN, Vigilance and Kierkegaard are also for sale.
It's recommended to launch big ships from a planet (via My Fleet switch), because proper positioning at docks isn't implemennted yet (you can collide with the station/ship).
As to launchables, it's possible to buy them (search "Cargo Wingmen"), but it's a work in progress too.

Of course, you still can add anything to the game - add a new line to data/master_part_list.csv if it's not there, and add the category to Cargo Import column of data/units/units.csv for any base.
If you only want to test-fly them, though (probably a good idea), the easiest way is to change in data/mission/modelview.mission "Jackal" to any ship present in data/units/units.csv and if you launch VS with "mission/modelview.mission" at the end of command line, you'll spawn with that ship in a simple system, can land and pick up missions to test it in a fight.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter