Not able to repair

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Diesel
Explorer
Explorer

Not able to repair

Post by Diesel »

I don't know if this is a bug, or if I'm not doing something correctly. I got into a battle with some pirates who did significant damage to my shields and hull. However, when I go to repair my ship, I get charged $1000 but nothing is repaired. Do I have to downgrade my ship to repair these things? Also, I still have both of my meson guns, my tractor beam, and my IR missiles, but only the missiles work. What am I missing?
Diesel
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Diesel »

Well, I've noticed that if I save and restart my stuff gets repaired. Also, sometimes I get multiple fuel guages stacked on top of one another, and that my energy stays between 1.5 and 2.0 and only goes up with TC. Anybody have similar experiences?

Diesel
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

You need better engines to get more energy. Beacause TC skips commands your energy goes up. Multiple fuel means that you have more fuel than the display can adequatly show. Maybe we should replace fuel with text?
Diesel
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Diesel »

Thanks for the answers, Jeff. As for the guages, text could be used or just keep one guage and add a multiplier next to it.
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

Why don't just use a percent value for the fuel display(text or grafic)?

Pontiac
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Diesel wrote:Also, sometimes I get multiple fuel guages stacked on top of one another, and that my energy stays between 1.5 and 2.0 and only goes up with TC. Anybody have similar experiences?
I thought I fixed the fuel gauge bug. maybe it is only in CVS.
Diesel wrote:I don't know if this is a bug, or if I'm not doing something correctly. I got into a battle with some pirates who did significant damage to my shields and hull. However, when I go to repair my ship, I get charged $1000 but nothing is repaired. Do I have to downgrade my ship to repair these things? Also, I still have both of my meson guns, my tractor beam, and my IR missiles, but only the missiles work. What am I missing?
I think repair is currently broken.

Maybe you don't have enough energy to fire guns (missles require no energy)? (you said that energy bar stayed at around 1.5 or 2.0) Upgrade your engine or downgrade your shields.

Post by Guest »

Well, I'm still using the wayfarer.begin, and I may have reached the max on the engine (Light 1 is what I've got). I'm not sure since I can't find what the max engine and shields are for this ship (or any other, for that matter), but it tells me that any engine above Light 1 will not fit.

I can afford to buy a new ship, but will I be able to transfer my upgrades, or do I have to buy seperate parts?
Diesel
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Diesel »

That last one was me, forgot to login.
FlyingAce
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by FlyingAce »

hmm... being able to have a "pool" of upgrades and spare upgrades available, or not having to sell upgrades and buy them agian for a higher price just to get them onto an other ship would be nice, but agian, no one knows python... :'(

Post by Guest »

Well, I bought a longhaul. I saved before I did so I could revert back and have my old ship and all of my money. So I'm doing some cargo runs to build up some cash to outfit the new rig, and I get crushed by a rock in an asteroid field while trying to get to a mine base. When I respawn, I have all of my cargo and cash, but the weapons and ammunition upgrades I bought are gone. When I go to load the game I saved before I bought the ship, it's gone. I'm stuck with where I'm at. Then, I switch back to my old ship so I can go back to Heaven's Gate, but my jump drive no longer functions. I checked, and it's there. So, I'm kinda at a loss right now.
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

Buy fuel for your jump drive.
Diesel
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Diesel »

Makes sense, but I don't remember reading that anywhere.

Also, when is the game autosaved? Sometimes when I load a game, I'm not where I thought I'd be.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

auto saving

Post by ace123 »

Diesel wrote:Makes sense, but I don't remember reading that anywhere.

Also, when is the game autosaved? Sometimes when I load a game, I'm not where I thought I'd be.
The game is autosaved at three times:
  • When docking to a base.
  • When exiting Vega Strike.
  • When Vega Strike crashes, it may save, depending on the situation.
In order to recover your auto save (if you forget to go to the computer or don't want to), in the launcher, select Recover from Autosave from the menu and then select your normal save game file.

If you are using a Mac or don't have the Launcher for some reason, edit save.txt in your .vegastrike folder, and type a "~" at before the save game name.