Vegastrike vs Vendetta

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Vegastrike vs Vendetta

Post by charlieg »

Has anybody played both VS and Vendetta?

I would recommend that the VS devs play Vendetta because Vendetta is a lot easier to start playing than VS.

Obviously, it's good to see how other games approach accomplishing a similar task. Other than being 'MMORPG', Vendetta is very similar to VS and it would be interesting to know what hte VS devs think of Vendetta.
Duality
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Duality »

I used to play vendetta.. I stopped because the people in a maximum loadouts keps killing me. Plus the ships are not insured.
Lasker
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Vegastrike vs Vendetta

Post by Lasker »

charlieg wrote:Has anybody played both VS and Vendetta?
Last time I tried vendetta (about 2 weeks ago) I got horrible clipping errors in large poly-count areas (astrofields).
I would recommend that the VS devs play Vendetta because Vendetta is a lot easier to start playing than VS.
You really mean "easier to play" (don't think so) or do you mean "easier to install"?
Would agree on the latter: Vendetta's installer/updater is great.
Obviously, it's good to see how other games approach accomplishing a similar task.
Vendetta is not open source and aiming to be a commercial game, once it is ready.
That's the main reason why I prefer VS: I'm tired of beta-testing commercial games.
Other than being 'MMORPG', Vendetta is very similar to VS and it would be interesting to know what hte VS devs think of Vendetta.
Oops, you didn't ask me: I'm not one of the dev-team! :wink:
k

Post by k »

Last time I tried vendetta (about 2 weeks ago) I got horrible clipping errors in large poly-count areas (astrofields).
You using a Geforce FX? :lol:
Shrike
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Shrike »

It's probably better from a legal standpoint if they don't play it. That way they can't be accused of "stealing intellectual property", which seems to be the number one computer crime these days...at least according to those who are doing the accusing.
Shrike
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Shrike »

HAH! It looks like they've taken a page from the "Shrike book of screen shotting".

http://www.guildsoftware.com/screenshots/9.html

And now, a quick word about the "pixel shader glow effects". Crap.

I don't if they are supposed to simulate my blurry vision after an all-nighter writing rules for iptables and squid, or if they are supposed to keep me reminded of the optical distortion inherent in the nano-diamond alloy glass in my cockpit (hint: there is no distortion inherent in the glass of my cockpit).

Whatever, making things blurry just because you "can" is dumb. Oh, and it looks like shit too.
Grusifix
Trader
Trader

Post by Grusifix »

I downloaded it also and tried it a little bit but I didn't really get the idea.. I think that there isn't really one(CTF a idea.. yeah rigth). There where two good things.. lightning was good and menu system was easy to use. Something like that I proposed on some other thread.

But I think that copying screenshot from Shrike was rude :shock: . But Shrike remember we all know who took the original one :wink:
Open your source
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

tried it!
marvellous, fun, fast.
But absolutely no scenario :oops: , and if gameplay is fun, I do thing vegastrike graphics are better :P
I see dead polygons....
Shrike
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Shrike »

You can't really complain that there is no scenario, since they clearly state that what you are downloading is not a game, but a tech test.