Logitech F710 unsupported but playable?

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Admetus
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Logitech F710 unsupported but playable?

Post by Admetus »

Hello, I'm a new player and personally I am loving the game, not a steep learning curve but in multiplayer I'm sure things get very interesting!

I don't have a joystick, though a 3 axis would probably work really nicely. However I do have a Logitech F710, the controller that looks like a classic PS2 dualshock (if you look past the horrible silver palette).
I'd like to know if mapping the dualshock using a profile in an application such as xpadder would do the job. I imagine the two joysticks can help with pitch and roll which is a bit clunky on the keyboard. Has anyone tried? I have a feeling that issues might arise if vegastrike doesn't recognise the analog stick as a joystick.

Yep I'm using windows because my old architecture is a bit allergic to Linux builds except for Ubuntu.
Admetus

Re: Logitech F710 unsupported but playable?

Post by Admetus »

I've tried out the joystick support in game: pitch and roll are working. But before I can set the other inoperative buttons on the controller using AntimicroX I discovered that the R shoulder button sends the ship into reverse. A bit odd, I didn't set throttle...
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

You have to edit the bindings section of the config file directly as they are not exposed for any settings app that I know about and I have been with this project for years that said have a look at our wiki we have a section on editing the config file for a few specific brands of joystick/gamepad BTW there is no multiplayer component to the game the server that was provided was very experimental and only for one on one death matches not multiplayer for those reasons we are no longer supporting it at all.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Admetus

Post by Admetus »

Wow, thanks loki1950. I'll go hunting for the config file, I can use AntimicroX to check the names of the bindings.

Pity it isn't multiplayer or MMO but I do understand the mountain of work/resources/money that would need. I would love to play alongside a friend in a co-op kind of way though but it sounds like multiplayer is PvP scenario based.

Thanks again!
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@Admetus on Windows you can find the config file in the appdata hidden folders look for .vegastrike as the relevant folder name the config file will be there as well as the save games.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
alexis92
Trader
Trader

Post by alexis92 »

Admetus wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:53 am Wow, thanks loki1950. I'll go hunting for the config file, I can use AntimicroX to check the names of the bindings.

Pity it isn't multiplayer or MMO but I do understand the mountain of work/resources/money that would need. I would love to play alongside a friend in a co-op kind of way though but it sounds like multiplayer is PvP scenario based.

Thanks again!
Did you end up finding what you were looking for?