How to configure Vega Strike? (The Mac Odyssey)

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Re: How to configure Vega Strike?

Post by kruiz008 »

I noticed some of the quotation marks in the commands I edited looked different than the ones in the commands I left alone. I copied one of the original ones and pasted them where my weird ones were, and that seems to have fixed something. Now Text Wrangler only gives me this.

Code: Select all

-:297: parser error : AttValue: " or ' expected
      <bind joystick="0" button=“10” modifier="none" command="CommHelpMeOut"
                                ^
-:297: parser error : attributes construct error
                                ^
-:297: parser error : Couldn't find end of Start Tag bind line 297
                                ^
-:298: parser error : AttValue: " or ' expected
      <bind joystick="0" button=“11” modifier="none" command="CommAttackTarg
                                ^
-:298: parser error : attributes construct error
                                ^
-:298: parser error : Couldn't find end of Start Tag bind line 298
                                ^
kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kruiz008 »

I realized the rest of the errors had to do with the same issue, but around some of the button numbers rather than commands. Now I'm not getting any errors.

But the stick still isn't cooperating :evil:
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

The problem is that the character " you pasted is not the same than your keyboard input .
Visually , the text editor shows that they differ .

So you must use the same type of character .
Probably a problem of unicode or endianness that differs ( from the mac files and other files) .

So to fix that try to use your keyboard input instead of paste .
The software is waiting for one single type of character , to use the right interpretor .
Read that :
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1518
or
Sometimes, when typing, you have a need to use extra symbols that are not found on the standard keyboard. Maybe you're typing in a foreign language, or you are trying to write a mathematical sentence. Whatever the reason, some extra symbols can be of use. -> http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Symbols-on-a-Mac

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kruiz008 »

I've fixed that, but still nothing.
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

:lol:

well , if you are sure that you are using the right .config file , i have no more ideas .
If i was a mac users , it would be different .
Can you ad to your first post's title something like How to configure Vega Strike? ( mac version )

That could help for the search function of the forum later .
Perhaps the solution is hidden somewhere in the forums , so try different keywords ?

edit : about the stdout.txt , you made a global search on your system or not ?

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Re: How to configure Vega Strike? (The Mac Odyssey)

Post by kruiz008 »

I figure it must be the correct one, as when I renamed it VS would not launch, and it launched fine when I renamed all the others.

And I've given my computer a full cavity search trying to find that thing. All that comes up are 2 .pdf's that have nothing to do with VS, and a 40-page long web history resulting from all my 'Where the hell is stdout.txt' web searches. So unless anyone has any other ideas about that...
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

So unless anyone has any other ideas about that...
'got it !

question :
For some reason I cannot find stdout.txt or stderr.txt in my mac. Is this a windows or linux only output or is there something specific I need to do here?
answer :
stdout and stderr are console output modes on unix systems (OS X is also a unix based system).
you can get them into a file by launching vegastrike from the console like so:
<vegastrike executable> 1> stdout.txt 2> stderr.txt
however I have no idea what the name of the vegastrike executable is.
It is probably located somewhere in the applications directory under vegastrike.app
if you use the terminal to browse to applications, you will notice that vegastrike.app is actually a directory...
in this directory do
ls -l
and look for something that says -rxw at the beginning of the line...
source :
http://sourceforge.net/p/vegastrike/bugs/408/#9a2d

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kruiz008 »

I think I may have found it. I found vegastrike executable and opened it with Console. It then gave me this long...code...thing, but for some reason I can't seem to post it here. I can't paste it into my post, I can't paste it in a code box and I cna't uplaod the text as an attachment. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for?
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

Hi , thank you for the new title first , i like the odyssey too .
:wink:

So , you must first look in the top of the document the lines that refers to the joystick ,
and what is the name that was found by the program .

There must be a way to output the console text in text file , it's a mac trick .
:idea: EDIT : READ THAT ; http://www.maclife.com/article/columns/ ... ing_output
After that , just use the upload attachment .

So , what is the name of the joystick in the stdout ?
:)

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

For testing purpose, try to bind something very obvious (like FireKey) on those buttons. And make sure you don't edit a commented-out fragment like with that "digital-hatswitch".
Also, if you know a counterpart of evtest for MacOS X, look on the event level to find out whether those controls actually do anything, and if so, exactly what. With USB Overdrive and without.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kruiz008 »

Last login: Thu May 29 22:03:21 on ttys000
/Applications/Vega\ Strike\ 0.5.0.app/Contents/MacOS/vegastrike ; exit;
Kristofer-Ruizs-MacBook-Pro:~ Kris$ /Applications/Vega\ Strike\ 0.5.0.app/Contents/MacOS/vegastrike ; exit;
 In path /Applications/Vega Strike 0.5.0.app/Contents/MacOS
Vega Strike  
See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html for license details.

GOT SUBDIR ARG = 
Found data in ../Resources
Using /Applications/Vega Strike 0.5.0.app/Contents/Resources as data directory
Using .vegastrike-0.5.0 as the home directory
Found MODDIR = /Applications/Vega Strike 0.5.0.app/Contents/Resources/mods
USING HOMEDIR : /Users/Kris/.vegastrike-0.5.0 As the home directory 
CONFIGFILE - Found a config file in home directory, using : /Users/Kris/.vegastrike-0.5.0/vegastrike.config
DATADIR - No datadir specified in config file, using ; /Applications/Vega Strike 0.5.0.app/Contents/Resources
SIMULATION_ATOM: 0.08
MISSION_NAME is empty using : main_menu.mission
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
running import sys
print sys.path
sys.path = [r"/Applications/Vega Strike 0.5.0.app/Contents/Resources/modules/builtin",r"/Applications/Vega Strike 0.5.0.app/Contents/Resources/modules",r"/Applications/Vega Strike 0.5.0.app/Contents/Resources/bases"]
['/usr/local/lib/python24.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python2.4/', '/usr/local/lib/python2.4/plat-darwin', '/usr/local/lib/python2.4/plat-mac', '/usr/local/lib/python2.4/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages', '/usr/local/lib/python2.4/lib-tk', '/usr/local/lib/lib-dynload']
testing VS randomrunning import sys
print sys.path
['/Applications/Vega Strike 0.5.0.app/Contents/Resources/modules/builtin', '/Applications/Vega Strike 0.5.0.app/Contents/Resources/modules', '/Applications/Vega Strike 0.5.0.app/Contents/Resources/bases']
vegastrike(4188,0xa16b91a8) malloc: *** error for object 0x4004018: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Setting Screen to w 1024 h 768 and pitch of 4096 and 32 bpp 4 bytes per pix mode
2014-05-30 21:33:04.466 vegastrike[4188:507] GLUT Warning: glutInit being called a second time.
OpenGL Extensions supported: GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_element_array GL_APPLE_fence GL_APPLE_float_pixels GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range GL_APPLE_flush_render GL_APPLE_object_purgeable GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_row_bytes GL_APPLE_specular_vector GL_APPLE_texture_range GL_APPLE_transform_hint GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422 GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod 
OpenGL::Accurate Fog Distance supported
OpenGL::Generic Texture Compression supported
OpenGL::S3TC Texture Compression supported
OpenGL::Multitexture supported (8 units)
OpenGL::TextureCubeMapExt supported
OpenGL::S3TC Texture Clamp-to-Edge supported
OpenGL::S3TC Texture Clamp-to-Border supported
OpenGL::EXTColorTable unsupported
1 joysticks were found.

The names of the joysticks are:
    Logitech Extreme 3D
axes: 4 buttons: 12 hats: 1
FactionXML:LoadXML factions.xml
Contents of star system:
<system name="Empty" background="backgrounds/black" nearstars="0" stars="0" starspread="0"  y="0" z="0" x="0">
</system>

Min (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) Max(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) MinLumin 1.000000, MaxLumin 1.000000Read In Star Count 0 used: 2000
Min (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) Max(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) MinLumin 1.000000, MaxLumin 1.000000Read In Star Count 0 used: 38
Loading a starsystem
Loading Star System Special/EmptyFOUND MODIFICATION = player FOR PLAYER #0
CREATING A LOCAL SHIP : dumbfire
Hi helper play 0
HereInitializing optimizer
pox 119990000000.000000 -9000000.000000 -109990000000.000000
Force feedback support disabled when compiled
Loading completed, now network init
Loading active missions True
  IS NOW AT  Special/Empty

Launching bases for Special/Empty
Launching units for Special/Empty
finding quest
quest_drone
logout

[Process completed]

loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Now we know that VS sees and recognises the joystick with this segment from the log you posted

1 joysticks were found.

The names of the joysticks are:
    Logitech Extreme 3D
axes: 4 buttons: 12 hats: 1

Try what TB suggested then we can work from there.BTW the buttons and axis start their numbering from 0 not one :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kruiz008 »

I set all the buttons to "FireKey", but nothing changes.
kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kruiz008 »

Just a bump in hopes that someone might have a new idea.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Could you post your current config file just change the extension to .txt from .config so the forum software doesn't complain I will edit myself and repost it for you to try.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kruiz008 »

Thanks! Here's my .config as it is now, back in its original state.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Thx kruiz will edit it and repost it in about an hour.

loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Having a look at the file you posted I notice that you have both "No mouse" and "No Joystick" set so I am not surprised that the joystick doesn't work :wink: First thing to do is run the VS setup app make sure that Mouse is set to "No Mouse" and the Joystick button is set to "3 Axis Joystick and Throttle" that should make the section starting at line 282 to line 297 active any further button changes will be done in that section,please try that in game the joystick should now be seen and used.

kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kruiz008 »

Well that's embarrassing :roll:

Here's the thing, though. When I opened VS Setup, it -was- set up properly, that is, for the 3-axis + throttle joystick and no mouse.

In any case, I made the change you recommended, then started to make the changes I want to make. Attached is my new .config. I only edited the joystick button functions on the lines that already exist (i.e. I didn't write new lines for the extra buttons my joystick has).

Things -still- won't work the way I intend. Buttons 0 thru 2 work fine. Perhaps it's worth noting that these I did not change. All the other buttons either don't do anything, or do something other than what I mean them to.

Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Here is what the section from just before the joystick block to the end of the block should look like

<!-- #no_mouse -->
		<bind mouse="0" player="1" button="0" modifier="none" command="FireKey" />
<!-- #end -->
<!-- #warp_mouse inv_warp_mouse inv_glide_mouse glide_mouse
		<bind mouse="0" player="0" button="0" modifier="none" command="FireKey" />
#end -->

<bind mouse="0" button="2" modifier="none" command="ABKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="MissileKey" />

<bind mouse="0" button="3" modifier="none" command="TargetKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="4" modifier="none" command="PickTargetKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="5" modifier="none" command="DecelKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="6" modifier="none" command="SheltonKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="7" modifier="none" command="AccelKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="8" modifier="none" command="WeapSelKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="9" modifier="none" command="MisSelKey" />

<!-- #warp_mouse inv_warp_mouse glide_mouse inv_glide_mouse
		<axis name="x" mouse="0" axis="0" inverse="false" />
#end -->

<!-- #warp_mouse glide_mouse
		<axis name="y" mouse="0" axis="1" inverse="true" />
#end -->
<!-- #inv_warp_mouse inv_glide_mouse
		<axis name="y" mouse="0" axis="1" inverse="false" />
#end -->

<!-- #joy_throttle joy_t_a_rev joy_throttle_and_axis joy_axis joy_normal
		<bind joystick="0" player="0" button="0" modifier="none" command="FireKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="ABKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="2" modifier="none" command="MissileKey" />

<bind joystick="0" button="3" modifier="none" command="NearestDangerousHostileKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="4" modifier="none" command="MisSelKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="5" modifier="none" command="WeapSelKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="6" modifier="none" command="LockTargetKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="7" modifier="none" command="SetVelocityRefKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="8" modifier="none" command="CommFormUp" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="9" modifier="none" command="CommBreakForm" />

<axis name="x" joystick="0" axis="0" inverse="false" />
		<axis name="y" joystick="0" axis="1" inverse="false" />
#end -->

<!-- Options, for those who like them.  Paste in the relevant section to use. -->
<!-- <bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Joystick::Mode::InertialXYToggle" /> -->
<!-- <bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Joystick::Mode::InertialXZToggle" /> -->
<!-- <bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Joystick::Mode::RollToggle" /> -->
<!-- <bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Joystick::Mode::BankToggle" /> -->

<!-- #joy_throttle joy_t_a_rev
			<axis name="throttle" joystick="0" axis="2"/>
#end -->
<!-- #joy_t_a_rev
			<axis name="z" joystick="0" axis="3"/>
#end -->
<!-- #joy_throttle_and_axis
			<axis name="throttle" joystick="0" axis="3"/>
#end -->
<!-- #joy_axis joy_throttle_and_axis
			<axis name="z" joystick="0" axis="2"/>
#end -->

<!-- if you have a joystick with an analogue hatswitch
		<axis name="hatswitch" nr="0" margin="0.15" joystick="0" axis="2">
			<hatswitch value="-1.0"/>
			<hatswitch value="-0.6"/>	
			<hatswitch value="-0.19"/>
			<hatswitch value="0.1"/>
		</axis>
-->

<!--		<bind hatswitch="0" button="0" modifier="none" command="ABKey" />-->
<!--		<bind hatswitch="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Cockpit::SwitchRVDU" />
		<bind hatswitch="0" button="2" modifier="none" command="Cockpit::SwitchLVDU" />
		<bind hatswitch="0" button="3" modifier="none" command="Cockpit::InsideLeft" />
-->

<!--

<bind joystick="0" digital-hatswitch="0" direction="up" command=“ThrustUp”/>
		<bind joystick="0" digital-hatswitch="0" direction="left" command=“ThrustLeft”/>
	<bind joystick="0" digital-hatswitch="0" direction="center" command="ABKey"/>

<bind joystick="0" digital-hatswitch="0" direction="right" command=“ThrustRight”/>

-->

<!-- for the future
			<axis name="gun_x" joystick="1" axis="0"/>
			<axis name="gun_y" joystick="1" axis="1"/>
		-->

</bindings>
Near the beginning of the file you can see the currently values

These line set the currently used settings. This allows them to show up as selected (currently enclosed in [])
#set Geometry GeomExtreme
#set Textures TexMax
#set FactionTextures faction_tex_on
#set Resolution 1024x768
#set Sound audio_3d_win_male
#set MusicAndVolume windows_ext_music_on
#set Computer P1000MHz
#set Color win_32
#set Difficulty medium
#set Mouse no_mouse
#set Joystick joy_throttle_and_axis
#set Shaders mediumshader
#set AcceleratedVisual gl_accelerated_visual_on
#set Autodocker autodocker_off
Around line 25 Now this is what was in the file you posted first the set values

These line set the currently used settings. This allows them to show up as selected (currently enclosed in [])
#set Video GeForce3
#set Resolution 1024x768
#set Sound audio_3d_win_male
#set MusicAndVolume windows_ext_music_on
#set Computer P1000MHz
#set Color win_32
#set Difficulty medium
#set Mouse no_mouse
#set MouseCursor fancy_cursor
#set Joystick joy_throttle_and_axis
#set Shaders mediumshader
And the joystick block

<!-- #no_mouse -->
		<bind mouse="0" player="1" button="0" modifier="none" command="FireKey" />
<!-- #end -->
<!-- #warp_mouse inv_warp_mouse inv_glide_mouse glide_mouse
		<bind mouse="0" player="0" button="0" modifier="none" command="FireKey" />
#end -->

<bind mouse="0" button="2" modifier="none" command="ABKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="MissileKey" />

<bind mouse="0" button="3" modifier="none" command="TargetKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="4" modifier="none" command="PickTargetKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="5" modifier="none" command="DecelKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="6" modifier="none" command="SheltonKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="7" modifier="none" command="AccelKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="8" modifier="none" command="WeapSelKey" />
		<bind mouse="0" button="9" modifier="none" command="MisSelKey" />

<!-- #warp_mouse inv_warp_mouse glide_mouse inv_glide_mouse
		<axis name="x" mouse="0" axis="0" inverse="false" />
#end -->

<!-- #warp_mouse glide_mouse
		<axis name="y" mouse="0" axis="1" inverse="true" />
#end -->
<!-- #inv_warp_mouse inv_glide_mouse
		<axis name="y" mouse="0" axis="1" inverse="false" />
#end -->

<!-- #joy_throttle joy_t_a_rev joy_throttle_and_axis joy_axis joy_normal
		<bind joystick="0" player="0" button="0" modifier="none" command="FireKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="ABKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="2" modifier="none" command="MissileKey" />

<bind joystick="0" button="3" modifier="none" command="NearestDangerousHostileKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="4" modifier="none" command="MisSelKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="5" modifier="none" command="WeapSelKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="6" modifier="none" command="LockTargetKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="7" modifier="none" command="SetVelocityRefKey" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="8" modifier="none" command="CommFormUp" />
		<bind joystick="0" button="9" modifier="none" command="CommBreakForm" />

<axis name="x" joystick="0" axis="0" inverse="false" />
		<axis name="y" joystick="0" axis="1" inverse="false" />
#end -->

<!-- Options, for those who like them.  Paste in the relevant section to use. -->
<!-- <bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Joystick::Mode::InertialXYToggle" /> -->
<!-- <bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Joystick::Mode::InertialXZToggle" /> -->
<!-- <bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Joystick::Mode::RollToggle" /> -->
<!-- <bind joystick="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Joystick::Mode::BankToggle" /> -->

<!-- #joy_throttle joy_t_a_rev
			<axis name="throttle" joystick="0" axis="2"/>
#end -->
<!-- #joy_t_a_rev
			<axis name="z" joystick="0" axis="3"/>
#end -->
<!-- #joy_throttle_and_axis
			<axis name="throttle" joystick="0" axis="3"/>
#end -->
<!-- #joy_axis joy_throttle_and_axis
			<axis name="z" joystick="0" axis="2"/>
#end -->

<!-- if you have a joystick with an analogue hatswitch
		<axis name="hatswitch" nr="0" margin="0.15" joystick="0" axis="2">
			<hatswitch value="-1.0"/>
			<hatswitch value="-0.6"/>	
			<hatswitch value="-0.19"/>
			<hatswitch value="0.1"/>
		</axis>
-->

<!--		<bind hatswitch="0" button="0" modifier="none" command="ABKey" />-->
<!--		<bind hatswitch="0" button="1" modifier="none" command="Cockpit::SwitchRVDU" />
		<bind hatswitch="0" button="2" modifier="none" command="Cockpit::SwitchLVDU" />
		<bind hatswitch="0" button="3" modifier="none" command="Cockpit::InsideLeft" />
-->

<!--

<bind joystick="0" digital-hatswitch="0" direction="up" command=“ThrustUp”/>
		<bind joystick="0" digital-hatswitch="0" direction="left" command=“ThrustLeft”/>
	<bind joystick="0" digital-hatswitch="0" direction="center" command="ABKey"/>

<bind joystick="0" digital-hatswitch="0" direction="right" command=“ThrustRight”/>

-->

<!-- for the future
			<axis name="gun_x" joystick="1" axis="0"/>
			<axis name="gun_y" joystick="1" axis="1"/>
		-->

</bindings>
Hope this works for you if not I'am quite willing to keep at it ;)

kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kruiz008 »

Just to be clear, I should copy these bits and paste them into (and replace) the corresponding sections of my .config?

Thanks for all your help, and sorry if I'm being a pest at this point. I just really want to get this right.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

What we are trying to get first is all the buttons on the joystick being recognized as working in game properly once we have that as a base(save a copy :wink: ) so yes try the copy/paste if that works as advertised then work on the individual button assignments(what commands to assoc) and yes as I said I'am here for the long haul :) Have to live up to my forum title :oops:

kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kruiz008 »

I copied what you gave me and pasted it in the relevant sections. Everything is still working the same as ever. My current .config is attached.

Honestly. I think I'm missing something, because I can't seem to see how what you gave me is any different from what I already had.
kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kruiz008 »

Bump/Update:

No luck yet on fixing my joystick configuration. At this point, I've lost track of all the changes/fixes I've made/attempted, so I've decided to delete VegaStrike from my computer and re-install it from scratch. The trouble is, I've tried this before, but when I re-download VS, all the old stuff (like my edited .configs and previous saved games) reappears. How can I delete VS from my computer so that when I re-download it it's as if I'm doing so for the first time?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

In your home folder look for .vegastrike the period in front makes the folder hidden so toggle shoe hidden files in Finder delete the .vegastrike folder.