Server issue

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
GuileGriever
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Server issue

Post by GuileGriever »

So I've been setting up my .config and settings.py files for multiplayer use and I'm coming up with a bit of a problem. When running the server it closes instantly. Upon taking a screenshot before it closed I found that it was finding the config file properly but was closing because it has "no configurations" and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. Anybody have a similar problem? Anybody have a fix for it?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Server issue

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome aboard GuileGriever first question what OS are you running it under as I will have to tailor my response :wink: to fit.SEcond question which version did you download,and there should have been a log file generated if Linux it will be in /home/username/.vegastrike a hidden folder,if Windows C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Vega Strike\Vegastrike-0.5.0\bin that should get us started on the path to a solution.

Enjoy the Choice :_
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
GuileGriever
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by GuileGriever »

I am running windows 8. I am running the most recent release 0.5.1(I believe) and upon checking I cannot find the hidden folder. I had to move the game into the non x86 program files because it was causing problems and there only appears to be a Program Files x86 folder in the VirtualStore.

--EDIT--

Since the process involved fiddling with the setting.py and the Vegastrike Configuration XML would you like me to post them? I followed the HOW-TO on here to the point but can't figure out what I did wrong.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Well hopefully pheonixstorm sees this later as he is our Windows mavin.BTW did you look in that Program Files x86 folder as that is where it should be I think.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
GuileGriever
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by GuileGriever »

It was his How-to that got me to this point lol. I did check the x86 folder in the VirtualStore and it didn't have the Vegastrike folder.
GuileGriever
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by GuileGriever »

I'm going to include the settings and config files as well as a screenshot of my server console before it auto closes. Figured I'd get them out there sooner than later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Post the log files, I have never seen a panic attack from VS before. stderr.txt and stdout.txt

I have been real busy of late so I may not be able to check back on this for a few days. There is also a command line option that the vegastrike binary uses that may or may not work for the server. I can't recall the actual switch, something like --debug=3 or some such. Klauss can tell you though if hes not caught up with the RL atm. Will try to check back soon but no promises.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo