Having issues after leaving hangar

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
AngelicGrim
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Having issues after leaving hangar

Post by AngelicGrim »

first lemme say hello and that i have enjoyed what i have seen of the game thus far o.o, however i have a rather large issue with the game cause i cant play it, basically this is my problem, i load the game just fine, click campaign, load that up just fine, am able to go around the dock with no issue, get my first mission, and when i leave to launch my ship a couple of lines of text pop up in the top im guessing to tell me how to fly the ship, and two seconds later it crashes, now i shall tell you what i have done to fix it o.o, i have read the forums and found how to turn down graphics to which i have done, i have also disabled shaders, i have lowered textures, turned off accelerated visuals, even made the screen smaller in resolution, i have updated my intel graphics card with its latest driver, i also have it loaded as admin

as far as computer specifications i am running on a 1.46 GHz dual core processor, 2.5 Gbs of RAM, on board intel graphics (laptop, cant put a new one in it)

i would really like to play the game and if there is an error report that the game itself makes i couldnt find it easily, so i will post the one my windows vista gives me when the game crashes thank you for any help received! ^.^

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: vegastrike.exe
Application Version: 0.5.1.13358
Application Timestamp: 4f8c9a7e
Fault Module Name: ig4icd32.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.15.10.1666
Fault Module Timestamp: 49a6ea98
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00026610
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Having issues after leaving hangar

Post by TBeholder »

This doesn't say much useful without the output log, really. Or maybe DrWatson log.
But as a blind guess - if it crashes on the tutorial mission's start, probably it's yet another Python problem, the mission support is almost entirely there.
If that's 0.5.1 r1, it needs another patch, there was a Python patch in SVN recently. Anyway, try with new win32 and win64 binaries from repository - it looks like they include Python fixes.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Having issues after leaving hangar

Post by klauss »

AngelicGrim wrote:as far as computer specifications i am running on a 1.46 GHz dual core processor, 2.5 Gbs of RAM, on board intel graphics (laptop, cant put a new one in it)
Those are strange specs.

It's this an atom?

VS has known issues with atom's onboard GPU. SVN has had many fixes relating atoms applied, and it mostly runs, but it's still quite a challenge getting any performance on those processors.

Still, you might want to try SVN if it's indeed an atom.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe