Repairing/buying turrets

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Bryan334
Explorer
Explorer

Repairing/buying turrets

Post by Bryan334 »

Where can one go to buy or repair a turret? Ive gone to many stations and planets but none lets you do this. 2 or3 of my turrets were destroyed and now on the weapons screen are labeled "destroyed_blank". My ship is a Kierkegaard.
BillP
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Re: Repairing/buying turrets

Post by BillP »

I am pretty new to VS, but I can tell you this... the best way to repair those turrets is to dock with Bryan334's stealth Superfortress. AKA by editing your save game. That's really the best, and perhaps only, way to fix them. Even if you found a dock that would sell them, you can't install them, because the actual gun part turretpdlonggun isn't what's trying to be replaced but the whole turret, mount and all. It's a Catch-22 of Yossarian proportions. To say it's buggy is one thing, but to say it's incomplete is probably more accurate.

It's up to you how much you cheat (I mean hey, you got a Kier, that could be many hours of work, or 30 seconds editing, right?) but your best bet is to vi that savegame and replace destroyed_blank with turretpdlong or turretbeam as the case may be. If you really want to feel honest about the procedure, subtract a few hundred thousand from your bank roll.
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Yup, an old bug.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

And a bit of history to go with it the ship was added because it was so kool but then it's component parts where not even the ammo that the turrets use can't be purchased so once one runs out you can't reload.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
BillP
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by BillP »

So the Peacekeepers finally manage to find a ship bigger and faster and more bad-ass than a Leviathan, attempt to board, lose thousands of troops in the battle with on-board defenses, and now have the most badass weaponry in the galaxy... only problem is, it's one-of-a-kind, and the Builders are gone, and you can't find fuel or ammunition or spare parts... and all the remaining ammo was used up by the ship protecting itself while you boarded. Whoopsie!

I knew there was a reason I was drawn to this game. That is funny! :^)