New SVN Address

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
ravager
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

New SVN Address

Post by ravager »

Can somebody please post the new sourceforge SVN adress, cos I'm stuck on ver 13600
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: New SVN Address

Post by TBeholder »

Go look at the SVN browser, click "Code". It will tell you

Code: Select all

Read Only access
svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/vegastrike/code/trunk vegastrike-code
HTTP access
svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/vegastrike/code/trunk vegastrike-code
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
ravager
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by ravager »

Thanks I,m downloading EVERYTHING! right now!
IansterGuy
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by IansterGuy »

I'm using Tortoise SVN for windows and I managed to update my old folders simply by checking out on top of the old folders. I believe this also works on Rabbit VCS for linux but I always backup the folder first. With those programs only the text related to the address is used to checkout, not the terminal commands at the start.

The wiki is way out of date with the address changes. Either addresses should be updated or in the short term there should be a link to the SourceForge page which would also help in case it gets out of date again. Though currently the wiki that links from the subversion button on the main page cant be updated because it links to the old wiki. I'm not sure why this is, maybe the links need edit protection for security reasons.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

IansterGuy wrote:I'm using Tortoise SVN for windows and I managed to update my old folders simply by checking out on top of the old folders. I believe this also works on Rabbit VCS for linux but I always backup the folder first. With those programs only the text related to the address is used to checkout, not the terminal commands at the start.
Back when I had posted a command for linux that works really well: "svn switch --relocate" with a touch of "grep" and salt.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe