Vega Strike Portable

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Tattorack
Trader
Trader

Vega Strike Portable

Post by Tattorack »

Is there a portable version/installer of Vega Strike anywhere?
Because I don't have my own computer (yet) and the standard installer in the download is blocked with an admin passwoord.
Thanks ^^
God is a bacteria!

"Because it submerges into a marine enviroment I'm going to call it the safely-go-under-the-water-without-detection device"
-Leonard of Quirm
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Vega Strike Portable

Post by loki1950 »

That block is not from the installer because we do not use a password protected installer it is coming from the computers operating system(Windows 7/8) any program must be installed using Administer privileges which means using that computer's password if you are not logged into the Admin account if you are in the Admin account then try right-clicking on the installer and selecting "Run as administer".If you have a thumb-drive with over 1 GB copy it to it so you don't have download it again when you do get a computer of your own.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
IansterGuy
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by IansterGuy »

The .exe installer for sure will not install without administrator rights. The trouble though is I am not sure even the SVN version will run on your operating system without a Admin account because I remember distinctly on Vista that it would not run without Administrator rights while on windows 8 as I have just tried and possibly windows 7 it would run.

Another issue is you can't install a SVN program to download it, you would have to just download the exact folders you need from the the code repository on Source Forge to run on windows. The folders are in trunk here at https://sourceforge.net/p/vegastrike/co ... ree/trunk/ you would need to download 'win32' and 'data' as a snapshot. Then you place the 'data' folder into 'win32' folder so that 'data' will be inside alongside 'bin'. Then open 'bin' and run vegastrike.exe if the operating system or other program asks you for a password you will not be able to play on that computer. I can't say for certain that it would work because the computer could have other unexpected restrictions so the weather to try is up to you.
Tattorack
Trader
Trader

Post by Tattorack »

That block is not from the installer because we do not use a password protected installer it is coming from the computers operating system(Windows 7/8) any program must be installed using Administer privileges which means using that computer's password if you are not logged into the Admin account if you are in the Admin account then try right-clicking on the installer and selecting "Run as administer".If you have a thumb-drive with over 1 GB copy it to it so you don't have download it again when you do get a computer of your own.

Enjoy the Choice
Old news.... thats not what I meant...
The .exe installer for sure will not install without administrator rights. The trouble though is I am not sure even the SVN version will run on your operating system without a Admin account because I remember distinctly on Vista that it would not run without Administrator rights while on windows 8 as I have just tried and possibly windows 7 it would run.

Another issue is you can't install a SVN program to download it, you would have to just download the exact folders you need from the the code repository on Source Forge to run on windows. The folders are in trunk here at https://sourceforge.net/p/vegastrike/co ... ree/trunk/ you would need to download 'win32' and 'data' as a snapshot. Then you place the 'data' folder into 'win32' folder so that 'data' will be inside alongside 'bin'. Then open 'bin' and run vegastrike.exe if the operating system or other program asks you for a password you will not be able to play on that computer. I can't say for certain that it would work because the computer could have other unexpected restrictions so the weather to try is up to you.
Ok, thanks, I wil try that ^^
(Sounds like a lot of shuffling though...)
God is a bacteria!

"Because it submerges into a marine enviroment I'm going to call it the safely-go-under-the-water-without-detection device"
-Leonard of Quirm
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

I think you can compile the binary to ignore UAC though I haven't tried. That may work well as well if you are up for it.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Tattorack
Trader
Trader

Post by Tattorack »

pheonixstorm wrote:I think you can compile the binary to ignore UAC though I haven't tried. That may work well as well if you are up for it.
Unfourtunatly I'm not that tech-savy (yet).
Admittingly its getting annoying to rely on others for these kind of things; I'd much rather want to know how to do all that myself (first requires my own computer though...)
God is a bacteria!

-Leonard of Quirm