Vigilance cap ship landing

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
enoriel
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Vigilance cap ship landing

Post by enoriel »

Dear,
I was happy to buy a Vigilance cap ship but simce 80% of time I fail to landing with it ( crash to the object as the srip is too big ) is nearly impossible to use it.
I would like to know if they are a wby to set the minimal range to allow landing somewhere?

thanks
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Vigilance cap ship landing

Post by pheonixstorm »

We have experimental auto docking code to help with this but so far it is only setup for mining bases I believe. To have it setup for other stations would require a few changes in the units.csv

I don't remember where the thread for this is or what has to be changed, but I do know it is tedious and requires having the coordinates for the docking ports. Try doing a search for auto dock and see if it pulls up the thread I speak of. Or maybe someone else around here will know which thread I am referring to.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Hi enoriel it is possible to dock the Vigilance but only at stations that have large docking areas that are not blocked by any of the stations structure keep your approach speed slow :wink: and hit the "D" key when the docking square touches your nose.
BTW reloading a lot of it's ammo is very hard as most stations don't stock it ATM(have to change some entries in units.csv)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

pheonixstorm wrote:We have experimental auto docking code to help with this but so far it is only setup for mining bases I believe. To have it setup for other stations would require a few changes in the units.csv
Actually, mining bases don't have it, only star fortresses and a few others. It's just a matter of adding the nav points. We could also write a tool to automatically generate them too.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

loki1950 wrote: BTW reloading a lot of it's ammo is very hard as most stations don't stock it ATM(have to change some entries in units.csv)
That's my fault, I added the Vigilance to master_parts_list without adding any light capship weapons or ammo as well. Weapons and units and their availability are in for an across the board rebalancing anyway though. For instance, you might buy a fighter at a fighter barracks, but then to your great frustration, you can't often buy medium or light guns/beams for it there even though those are probably all the fighter can carry, plus various guided missiles are also unavailable for purchase. Fighter bases should be completely packed with stuff like that.
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Bigger weapons data isn't written all that well in general. Even worse with missiles.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
yosef
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Post by yosef »

By the time you have purchased a capital ship you may well have committed to using it only in star systems that have the super-fortresses with which you can actually dock. Otherwise, you could dock with a smaller station/base and simply pay the money to ship your capship over to the current location. Granted, that will run anywhere from 25k to 2.5 million, so be wise.

And oh yes, it helps to be friendly with the aera when arming the capship.