Can't dock any more!!!!

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
solicitr
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Can't dock any more!!!!

Post by solicitr »

WTF? I thought I was coming up in the world, getting out of my poky Llama for a nicer Dodo. But now- I can't dock with space stations any more! I can bullseye the square, even dead stop right in it, or creep right on through- and *never* get the 'Ready' indicator. What the heck is going on? Is my new ship too big? Because cargo missions just became impossible!
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: Can't dock any more!!!!

Post by pheonixstorm »

I doubt its a size issue.. but you can try docking at a larger box first. Can you dock with a planet? How are your faction standings? And above all else post your stderr/out files so we can see whats going on.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
solicitr
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by solicitr »

OK, worked it out. The problem had to do with the very very small docking boxes that some stations have, especially mining bases, combined with the fact that the Dodo has a lot of overhead height, like a truck. That was what was hanging up/banging before I could quite get close enough to the sweet spot. Only workaround I found, for mining bases, is to go to the outside camera and do it very, very slowly.

Factons? Everyone loves me except Pirates and Aera, and the couple I haven't yet run into.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Even the mining base should have one big docking port. I think you have to come in from the bottom though.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

It has one just off the front of the non-asteroid superstructure that I have always used even the llama is a close fit for the normal tunnel dock points on the sides.The one on the front is very close the the base so as solicitr mentioned approach at low speed.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2