not working keyboard commands

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Rexmundi
Explorer
Explorer

not working keyboard commands

Post by Rexmundi »

While playing VS I noticed some keyboard commands don't do anything. for example the backspace should be a brake.. however nothing happens when I press it. when dieing I can press Q or ; button however the ; does nothing.. which is really annoying because then you have to restart the game just to reload. how can I fix these?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: not working keyboard commands

Post by klauss »

What keyboard layout are you using?

The ";" is where it's supposed to be in the US layout. If you have some other layout, it's probably not where you think it is. That layout thing has been a nuisance for a long while.

About the backspace... I never actually tried. Another thing to look at re. input I guess.

All this should be reported on the bug tracker so we don't forget to check it out. Forum posts tend to get lost.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Backspace does work it is not a brake it turn off all thrusters then your current velocity decays to 0 which is relative to your reference point.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Rexmundi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Rexmundi »

klauss wrote:What keyboard layout are you using?

The ";" is where it's supposed to be in the US layout. If you have some other layout, it's probably not where you think it is. That layout thing has been a nuisance for a long while.

About the backspace... I never actually tried. Another thing to look at re. input I guess.

All this should be reported on the bug tracker so we don't forget to check it out. Forum posts tend to get lost.
I use the US layout, it still does not work though..
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Interesting...
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe