bounty on my head: temporary of permanent?

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
maze
Hunter
Hunter

bounty on my head: temporary of permanent?

Post by maze »

Okay my second attempt at a campaign seems to meet more success than the first, but still... I started by making at least a dozen cyclic trade trips around cephid 17. This went without a single shot fired, even without ever being locked a single time, so I got the creds to buy myself a nice shiny Dostoevsky. Then I took on a bounty mission, and took upon myself to fire a torpedo at a Shenzong for 150k.

That was some easy money, except for the fact that I am now constantly being harrassed by an absurd number of Shizong. The first enforcer will generally engage me maybe 10 seconds after I pop out of SPEC space, the rest of the pack follows, and they gang me up at 20 to 30 vessels if I don't SPEC away for maybe 2-3 minutes.

Is this situation permanent until I better my relationship with the Rlaans? Will they calm down after a while if I keep running away from them? Is it that the Rlaans have affected a large but finite number of enforcers to my ass, and I have to kill every single one of these for this hunt to stop?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: bounty on my head: temporary of permanent?

Post by klauss »

You're on the border of Rlaan space when you start. If you choose to fire on them... yes, it's permanent, and dangerous. Rlaan ships are very powerful. I suggest leaving those missions for when you have a chance at surviving the aftermath.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
maze
Hunter
Hunter

Re: bounty on my head: temporary of permanent?

Post by maze »

No no I can survive, I think it's feasible. I'm desperately searching for a cloaking device by roaming the research stations with what probably amounts to an enormous amount of bad luck, but in the meantime I think I can make it, in fact I know I can make it through abusive use of travel speed including at the immediate proximity of stations and jump points. Of course the trick involves the occasional inevitable crash against the walls of a station, but that's what game saves are made for, aren't they?