PDF Version of manual?

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
CaptJack92a
Hunter
Hunter

PDF Version of manual?

Post by CaptJack92a »

No one happens to have already compiled the game manual into a pdf format have they? I was hoping to put it on my phone to read from kindle as I play rather than messing up my computer's RAM by minimizing maximizing, quitting, and restarting the game just to find the controls and options menu items.

If no one has, do I have permission to compile a pdf to share on the forum or site?
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: PDF Version of manual?

Post by pheonixstorm »

If you hit the esc key in game it brings up all the keyboard commands. As for a pdf I believe there is one but its from .5 as I do not think any of the manuals (pdf or wiki) has been updated for any new controls. The .5 version should still work in most cases though.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
CaptJack92a
Hunter
Hunter

Post by CaptJack92a »

Esc just gives resume or quit option
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Then you do not have the latest version as the key assignments have been present for quite a while.kluass is in the process of finalizing a new release then pheonixstorm will package it into an installer for Windows,or if you want it now get the svn version which is currently at r13348 there is a link on the main VS page to instructions on how to get the svn version.If you have questions just ask 8) always like to help if I can.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
CaptJack92a
Hunter
Hunter

Post by CaptJack92a »

Oh if its coming as an install ill just wait for that.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Yeah, though I think the last release of .5.1 had that keyboard config screen didn't it? Anyway, I think the main holdup now is getting that segfault klauss is working on fixed first *IF* he can find the cause.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I'm packaging without that fix.

It smells too much of a driver bug, and I don't want to delay the release all the way until we have a workaround. There were people that reported the beta2 worked on fglrx just fine (maybe a different version), so it's not widespread.

I'm updating the OBS packages right now, the tarballs are already in SF.

PS: You could try disabling texture compression. IIRC, just set texture_compression to false in vegastrike.config and textures will be decompressed on-the-fly.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe