Can't have a tractor beam on a llama? and other questions...

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Kev!
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Can't have a tractor beam on a llama? and other questions...

Post by Kev! »

Howdy,

tractor beam on llama?

cargo delivery to shp in gravity well... d key lands me on the planet instead. I kind of liked the "needle in a haystack" feeling, trying to track this guy down to deliver the cargo?

will try turning off shaders to kkep my game from crashing...
will try shift-m to bring up the navcomp...

any way to hot key targets/nav points?

thanks in advance,
Kev!
DaveAshton
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Can't have a tractor beam on a llama? and other question

Post by DaveAshton »

A Llama can have a light tractor beam, you probably need to buy the tractor ability for the specific weapon slot first though (in the weapon enhancements category).

For hot-keying, Alt-1, Alt-2, alt-3 etc stores it, Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2 etc recalls it. It only works until you quit the game though, then you lose your location bookmarks.
james103
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by james103 »

cargo delivery to shp in gravity well... d key lands me on the planet instead. I kind of liked the "needle in a haystack" feeling, trying to track this guy down to deliver the cargo?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Which version? SVN head?

I seem to recall disabling ships as cargo delivery targets...
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Kev! wrote: cargo delivery to shp in gravity well... d key lands me on the planet instead.
This one got fixed in SVN - you'll end up on the ship if you're in its docking area ("READY"), otherwise will be docked to planet. Since docking request can be done via separate button, it's really useful.
Kev! wrote: any way to hot key targets/nav points? [...] will try shift-m to bring up the navcomp...
Aside of targetting slots, nav targets can be simply clicked on the system map: "shift-M", select whatever you want, and it's targetted. Shift and zoom with mouse, "2D/ortho/3D" button to choose projections... Of course, there are always piles of clustered locations, but between zooming on selected and PickTarget on the way there it's usually possible to navigate even without cycling the whole Significant Target list ("n").
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter