unable to get started wit SVN

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Moganite
Explorer
Explorer

unable to get started wit SVN

Post by Moganite »

Thought i would try the SVN version seeing how it is some years since the last stable release.

I have encountered a crash on start up no error logs available ie its doesn't appear to make it to that point. I get the message you program had encountered a problem and needs to close.
If i click details it gives
the following
AppName: vegastrike.exe
AppVer: 0.5.1.13198
ModName vegastrike.exe
ModVer 0.5.1.13198
Offset: 0066eba93

My system
AMB athlon 2700 xp+
geforce 7600 GS AGP
Graphic driver 280.26 which is the latest one i know of as of writing.
1.5 GB RAM

I also know its not my antivirus and I did go back to version 12333 and had the same results
win xp current all auto uptates installed.
Last edited by Moganite on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moganite
Explorer
Explorer

Re: unable to get started wit SVN

Post by Moganite »

Further information

the version 0.5.0 works no problems
version 0.5.1 ( the beta) results in crash identical to previous post
I have tried the audio fix and no change.

anything else further to try or debug?
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Latest svn is now 13208.

I dont know why it would crash like that. It could be an issue with the VC++ 2008 runtime files or something else entirely. Hard to tell with limited information on why it crashed. Is there any other crash information given? Crashes like these are hard to pin down... never enough info :(
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Moganite
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Moganite »

Got the technical data on the crash in a appcompat.txt file attached with this post. don't know if it will be any use at all.
Will i need to attach further system specs?
This is with the SVN 13208. for some reason tortiseSVN lists the correct version but it excecutes 13208 :?:

I will be keeping up with the SVN til just in case
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Nope, not helpful... just lists the dlls and exe files used with or by VS... well, 13208 was the last released so far. If you mouse over the vs exe you should see the version as 0.5.1.13208

Are all your drivers up to date? Sound? Chipset? Video? I don't see it making any difference but who knows...
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Well, heres a long shot. Check the sound thread in the bugs forum and follow the listed fix. Maybe its related. If you can post a dxdiag file after you do any driver updates.
Moganite
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Moganite »

Thank you
I have the up to date drivers for my my vid, sound, and chipset, atleast as far as the official ones go.
Tried the sound fix: still the same result.

This will show the vintage of my hardware
Athlon xp 2600+
nforce2 board
1.5 GB DDR1 RAM
Geforce7600 GS 256 MB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.