Bounty missions annoy the Merchant's Guild

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
DaveAshton
Merchant
Merchant

Bounty missions annoy the Merchant's Guild

Post by DaveAshton »

I'm just wondering why killing pirates/luddites as part of bounty missions annoys the Merchant's Guild.

I understand that it's a free trade group (so they're not happy that a non-guild member's doing the jobs instead of one of them), but surely on the other hand I'm making space a safer place for their trading. With less pirates in the system, they get attacked less so they don't have to dump as much cargo (or just get blown apart).
philo
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Bounty missions annoy the Merchant's Guild

Post by philo »

As far as I can tell, this shouldn't happen.

In 0.5.0, Merchants Guild and Merchants Guild citizens are negative towards both pirates and luddites, in SVN they are negative towards pirates and neutral towards luddites.
So unless you edited your factions.xml or savegame, I guess the only explanation for the reaction you encounter would be that while chasing pirates you inadvertently hit or even blew up some of the Guild's ships.
If you are on SVN there is a chance this could also be a misreading of the savegame file by the game; I reported some more obvious cases of incorrect faction readings as bugs the other day.
Merchant

Post by DaveAshton »

I have tampered with the factions for that specific save, but as far as I can see it shouldn't have affected the Merchant Guild to Pirate/Luddites relationship in a positive way.

I basically set it so that pirates hate everyone (and vice versa), and everyone else is neutral to one another (but everyone likes me, so I can pick who I want to scrap with without their mates joining in as well).

I'll start another game (with vanilla settings, and I won't edit the save), do a load of bounty hunting, and see if the same thing happens. If I don't irritate the merchants this time, I know I screwed up the save editing.
Animus
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by Animus »

confirming!

I'm had got even more strange things. Don't know how, I'm even didn't spot, but I've got 1 kill on klkk side. Ok, maybe, let it be, I'm killed some one of them. But oh, when I'm staying unmovable and some bot attacks me, flying around me (I have cool armor and shield), and accidentally crashes on my ship and destroys itself and for this i have +1 for it's killing! :) Furthermore, it's the same for friendly forces!: it's crashes at me - so i getting -50 to trust and there is no way to fix trust so easily as it can be broken :( Meantime, I can read news about ~ brave Pirat forces, which where overwhelmed by Bandits(Me!) On llama in Chaphid-17 ~.