Beta 0.5.1: Not able to dock with planets anymore

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
data64
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Beta 0.5.1: Not able to dock with planets anymore

Post by data64 »

I am not able to dock with planets anymore. When I press "d" I get the message "Flying in shared space, keep your comm open".

I think my troubles started when I had tried turning on the "auto docker" to try to understand what it does. I have since edited vegastrike.config and set "autodocker" value to false. At this point, I have even tried setting "planet_collision_docks" to true, but that does not seem to help either. If I let the ship continue on towards the planet, it just eventually dies .

Any pointers for troubleshooting further would be appreciated.

cheers!
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Beta 0.5.1: Not able to dock with planets anymore

Post by klauss »

Find and read the autodocker threads for info on it, it works pretty well with planets. In general terms, you have to use the regular autopilot to get close enough to activate the autodocker - when DOCK says AUTO READY, you press A to deactivate the regular autopilot (if it's active), and then again to activate the autodocker.

A bit cumbersome if you ask me, we should do something about that.

About docking without autodocker, DOCK will say READY when you're able to dock, or how far you're from docking distance when you're too far away - you should press "d" when it says READY, which is usually quite close to the planet's atmosphere (but not inside it, and not too close either).
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe