Jump Spots Seem to Move Away

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
PeterT
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Jump Spots Seem to Move Away

Post by PeterT »

Hello... I really like this game, but I have one small question. When approaching one of the jump spots, they often (not always) start moving away faster and faster and I can't catch up, no matter what my speed settings are (maneuver, travel, SPEC). Hitting the + key doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions? Thanks. --PeterT
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Jump Spots Seem to Move Away

Post by klauss »

In SVN, when you're heavily loaded on cargo, you have to be patient ant let your thrusters give you enough momentum to match your velocity to the target.

Now, in 0.5.0, It's indeed a problem one has to solve manually. You can set navigation mode (check your keybindings), releasing the combat speed cap and letting you accelerate faster. It will be tricky, but catching up to the jump point or station is usually possible. You should deactivate navigation mode when you're leaving the area, or you'll rush into the next station you approach way too fast ;)
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
PeterT
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Re: Jump Spots Seem to Move Away

Post by PeterT »

Hello... Thanks for the tips; I'll try again. These finesse elements actually make the game more interesting. --PeterT