SVN binary build now usable for windows!

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Dolphin
Trader
Trader

SVN binary build now usable for windows!

Post by Dolphin »

Thanks SO MUCH for providing SVN binaries that actually work for windows and seem better in almost all ways than 0.50. This is the first time I've been able to upgrade successfully without some kind of bug that prevented me from enjoying the game.

The only issue I've run into so far has to do with shaders. It's discussed here:

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... er#p119914

I've been able to work around this by choosing the "simplest" shader in setup.exe. Then everything works great. I look forward to getting the nVidia shaders working, as I suspect that will greatly add to the game.

Anyway, I thought I'd post a note of success here in case others are waiting for such a build as well. Binaries as part of revision 12933 is definitely worth a try!
Mets
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: SVN binary build now usable for windows!

Post by Mets »

phoenixstorm has been going on a phoenix storm on the code, it's nice to see some love for the windows platform, finally!
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

for the latest builds follow my branch in svn under branches/pheonixstorm. I am reworking the entire vegastrike solution using VC9 (VC 2008) so things should run more smoothly in the end.

I think in the end all the win32 binaries will run a hair faster with less bloat than before as libraries are updated and unused code is removed. By the time i'm done vegastrike.sln will be up to date and fully functional.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Mets
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Mets »

Sounds great, I tried it tonight and it works / looks better than ever before.

Only comment - to get the sound to work, I had to copy over all of the files from my 0.5 release, but I ran vegastrikeR.exe. Not sure if that's the optimal way, but it works!
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

what files did you copy over? Sound should have worked w/o need of anything additional.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Mets
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Mets »

I just copied them all, but didn't overwrite the ones you compiled for us in your win32/bin. Worked immediately.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Don't know.. could have been a corrupt download on the audio file. On my branch the audio has been updated so you would need OpenAL.dll v6.14.357.25 Thats the only audio file needed. Ogg/Vorbis are static...