Mad Andorlians

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Starfire512
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Mad Andorlians

Post by Starfire512 »

Ok, I was trying to dock with an Andorlains fighter base and overshot. Got stuck inside the polygons for a while and bounced off the hull of the fighter base repeatedly for about 60 sec. Then I just hit the afterburner and was able to get out of the station. Unfortunately, this reset my factions to the Andorlians to something very low and they attacked me like crazy. I was able to fight off everything and leave the system but now many races are mad at me.

So, I figured out how to edit the save game files.....but.....
I have Vista and somehow despite the file edits being saved under
Vega Strike/Vegastrike-0.5.0/.vegastrike-0.5.0/save/{game name}
I can not get Vegastrike to load the edited version of the file (It somewhere finds an unfixed version of the file, which I can not find on my search of the whole c: drive. What am I missing?

{Edit} No, I have no save game files in username\apps\data\vegastrike\.vegastrike\ or anything like that. They are in the program files directory.
MrUnderhill
Trader
Trader

Re: Mad Andorlians

Post by MrUnderhill »

Boy, I remember doing that once, about a year ago. I didn't edit to fix and I had everybody in that sector pissed at me. I took a lot of nice-nice until they finally quit trying to kill me at every turn.
Cockroach
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Cockroach »

Kill pirates/uln/luddites these should boost your rating with pretty much everyone.
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by eracc »

Killing ULN will pretty much guarantee every faction will eventually hate you. I recommend NOT killing ULN. Talk nice to them every chance you get.
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".