Can't Start Game

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
ficfan2009
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Can't Start Game

Post by ficfan2009 »

Each time I start start Privateer Remake 1.2 (Windows Version) running under Windows 2000 using a nvidia FX6200 video card I get a repetition of the initial space fight scenes but have no way to a begin playing the game. This has happened about 8 times. Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Can't Start Game

Post by klauss »

What does stop you from beginning to play the game?

Anyway, Privateer Remake 1.2 is a bit outdated and no longer maintained. You probably want to check out one of the two forks that are maintained, Privateer Universe or Gemini Gold.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
ficfan2009
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by ficfan2009 »

Thank you for your time Klaus.

The cut scene just keeps looping I see no option for stopping it or accessing the concourse, the manual indicates no special key presses are needed and the screen shows no options on the landing pad and clicking it does nothing. Very annoying.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

IIRC, you just clicked on the screen and it went away.
Or was it pressing esc or space or something like that?

Anyway... you had to press something. Did you try? did you try "punching" your keyboard? (pressing every key).

I don't remember the key that dismissed the intro but there was one, so just try every key and click everywhere until it's gone.
Wing Commander Universe
MrUnderhill
Trader
Trader

Post by MrUnderhill »

Press escape during the intro.
ficfan2009
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by ficfan2009 »

Thanks all for the assistance.
I have tried using Enter but never tried Escape and I'll try other keys (and mutter comments about non documented features in manuals) :| .
Appreciate the help (and the advice about Privateer Universe being the actively maintained game).
Thanks
ficfan2009
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by ficfan2009 »

Well I tried pressing Escape before, during and after the cut scene plays (and I'm getting to hate the sound of the dialog) and when it starts up again each time but the cut scene just keeps playing until I kill it (Alt Crtl Del).
If Escape is supposed to work and it doesn't... is there a set of switches to start the game without the cut scene, or wildly musing maybe having a save game file might allow a different branching since the new game start isn't.
I'm almost ready to abandon the game but its more the case the game seems to have abandoned me.
Thanks again guys for your time and thoughts.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

You'd have to edit the base files in troy (in modules/bases IIRC) to remove the cutscene.

I don't remember the details... but it's not that easy.
Wing Commander Universe