Getting SVN without Tortoise

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Sarin
Mercenary
Mercenary

Getting SVN without Tortoise

Post by Sarin »

Soo, after a long silence, I have a quick question. I'd like to play SVN, but the problem is I'm not on my own PC, so I don't have administrator rights...so I am unable to install Tortoise. Is there any other simple way how to get subversion, and eventually, if it'll work without admin rights.

Running on WinXP of course...
safemode
Developer
Developer

Re: Getting SVN without Tortoise

Post by safemode »

dont bother. win32 hasn't been built against svn code since around the release of 0.5.0. Pulling the svn of data will just waste your time.

If you can't build your own win32 binary, it's best you just wait until one is created and we get our new release system setup.

If you can build your own win32 binary, let us know. We have exactly 1 windows developer who's active and he's brand new and has yet to get things setup correctly.
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.
Sarin
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Sarin »

So what you're telling me is that what would I get from Tortoise is in fact 0.5.0?

All right, I'll download stable...
snow_Cat
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by snow_Cat »

http://rapidsvn.tigris.org
Seems to be a reasonible alternative, it doesn't go bezerk when installed on the 'Academic' Distro. of XP at least.
Sarin
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Sarin »

Seems like I won't get to play, I ran into a bug that bugged me before and nobody seem to know anything about it.
Sarin
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Sarin »

Oh well, I managed to run 0.5 from external drive on school computers, fun...