The secrets of the navigation computer

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
rubikcube
Merchant
Merchant

The secrets of the navigation computer

Post by rubikcube »

Hi, I have a question concerning the in-flight navigation computer, specifically the criteria nodes.

Is there a list somewhere with valid criteria? I tried all possible spelling variations of "Mining Base", but couldn't make it find a way. Entering "Arid" for arid planets worked, on the other hand. It would even help if someone would point me to the relevant source data files, I could then post a list with possible valid targets here.
Laraso
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: The secrets of the navigation computer

Post by Laraso »

You...

Got this thing to work? At all? I thought this didn't work at all!

I must know more!
rubikcube
Merchant
Merchant

Re: The secrets of the navigation computer

Post by rubikcube »

Hmm, it seems that it's a bug in the computer, not in my spelling of the MiningBase. The Nav computer either doesn't check some targets, has a limited search depth or some nodes on the way there fail. One way to test it easily for me was to set the source to Target and the destination to contains MiningBase. Then for some systems set as my target, a way to some other system was shown, and for others, no way was shown at all.

Devs, if you read this and think that it's bug-report-worthy, just drop a line here :wink: