a probably dummy question

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
EpsylonLyrae
Trader
Trader

a probably dummy question

Post by EpsylonLyrae »

Is there some more straight way for search some target as "commerce center" or "raffinery" <anyelse>, that a blind traveling through systems ?!? :)

thx
athomic1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: a probably dummy question

Post by athomic1 »

I'm pretty sure there isn't.

Thing is, I don't think the game creates any bases in any system (except for a few predefined ones) until you first visit. Once created, of course, the game keeps track of them, so they'll often still be there when you come back to a system, even if you've been gone a long while. This isn't guaranteed, mind you! Bases are often destroyed, and might or might not get rebuilt. Makes it really aggravating when you lose that commerce center you've been milking, I'll tell you... :x but ANYWAY!

The upshot is, since most of the bases you'll eventually encounter don't actually EXIST until you first visit their systems, there's really nothing for the navicom to find, that you haven't already seen. That kind of makes the function pointless, except to refresh your memory of what was where when you ran across it. Of course, that could be useful in itself...

It would definitely make things more interesting to have more system prepopulation, and would certainly make your type of search a useful function. I imagine we'll see something like that eventually, but it's likely to be awhile off yet. :wink:
EpsylonLyrae
Trader
Trader

Re: a probably dummy question

Post by EpsylonLyrae »

thx :)