Procedurally Generated City: who made that? I remeber one.

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
plessy
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Procedurally Generated City: who made that? I remeber one.

Post by plessy »

Hi, some years ago on this forum there was talk of procedurally generated content (planets and cities) but nothing happened, and it was dismissed.

I remeber that there was a guy who made an opensource procedurally generated city generator. Does anyone know who he was? I'm thinking maybe he could make one for Nexuiz (which could also generate interiors).

Also Nexuiz also has vehicles now (but not enough modelers to add many vehicles). GPL First person shooter (the media is gpl too, just like vegastrike) + City generator + vehicles... fun. Nex has 2 of the 3.

Another question, since vegastrike and nexuiz are both all GPL, media included, why don't they ever help eachother out? Both are set in the future and in space so the resources should be useful to both projects.
plessy
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Re: Procedurally Generated City: who made that? I remeber one.

Post by plessy »

Hello?
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Procedurally Generated City: who made that? I remeber one.

Post by eracc »

Hello. These forums are not incredibly active. Have a bit more patience. If anyone who is a developer sees your post and wants to respond, you'll get a response. It may take more than a couple of days. For the record, I'm just a player, not a developer.

Besides, your message about game development and collaboration with another project are probably better asked in one of the development fora.
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".