probleme with jump " energy low "

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
introdoctor
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

probleme with jump " energy low "

Post by introdoctor »

hello everybody

i have a probleme with my jump system , i'm in energy low even if y try to fuel 10 times or change the capacitor it doesn't do anything please help 'cause i'm really stuck !!
introdoctor
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Re: probleme with jump " energy low "

Post by introdoctor »

I HAVE A HYENA MILITARY SPEC MODEL

my wrap capacity is only 20,000 mj and jump cost 166,000 mj what can i do please
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by eracc »

It will help to tell the forum what version of VS you are running. Is it 0.5.0 stable or compiled from SVN? If it is earlier than 0.5.0 then you need to at least upgrade to 0.5.0 stable. Other than that I am not familiar with your problem. I'll look for a military specification Hyena to buy in my game and see if I can duplicate your problem.
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".
introdoctor
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by introdoctor »

yeah thx but my version is a 0.50 stable so i really don't undertand and i'm stuck 'cause i can't jump
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

I beg your pardon in advance, because my question might sound quite dumb but just in case...
Is your ship equipped with a jump drive already? Also, make sure that the capacitors you're buying are Spec capacitors (I've never needed anything beyond level I anyway)
introdoctor
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by introdoctor »

well i don't know if it's spec capacitor when i go to the upgrades i can only buy standard capacitor !?
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

Not every station has them; the category is SPEC capacitors, different from the standard Capacitors, and if you enlarge the list detail the items are listed as FTL Energy Capacitor. Anyway, I just launched the game to check things: SPEC capacitors won't influence your warp, sorry but my memory was playing tricks on me :mrgreen:
I even sold reactor, standard capacitor and jump drive, and my starting Llama warp capacitor bank storage stays at 270833MJ...
I'm checking the Hyenas available at the station i'm in, they have the same 270833MJ capacity, maybe your one is damaged? try to do a basic repair and see if the original value is restored.
introdoctor
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by introdoctor »

yeah thx but when i load my game it says that my wrap capacitor is at 166,000 mj (just enough to jump ) but when i get out and directly back in the base it goes down automaticaly to 20,000 mj and i didn't change anything !!?? wird :cry:
Genghis Prawn
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Genghis Prawn »

In order to jump you must have an FTL Capacitor. I have found that most of the vessels I purchase do not have them. I have also found that I can only purchase them at either Mining Bases or Oceanic Planets. I have never seen them at any other stations or planets.

Your spec drives use up your FTL Capacitance. If it goes down steadily and does not replenish then you either don't have a reactor or have one that is wholly insufficient for the job.

A Hyena is a light vessel so a single FTL Capacitor I is sufficient for jump. I like to have a second one which can carry a charge for an immediate return jump if I materialize into a hot zone. (hot meaning bad guys trying to shoot me).

I have been using the svn version and have found that when purchasing Military Surplus space ships the military package often dissapears on me and I have to purchase components to be able to use the ship. I believe the stable 0.5.0 version does not do that.