I appear to be stuck in Asteroid Base on Natanya

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
krull1981
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

I appear to be stuck in Asteroid Base on Natanya

Post by krull1981 »

Hi

Ive been enjoying playing VS but ive come across a bit of a game stopping problem.

Im in the Asteroid Base in the Natanya system and when i try to launch im greeted by clear space but after i go about 400 meters away i crash into an invisible wall. Im guessing its the asteroid base ive tried about 20 time to get free but i either crash and burn or get pinballed around. I even tried engaging auto but that just smacks straight in to nothing and blows up my ship.

Is there a way for me to toggle collision so i can get out of this or do i have to start again.

cheers
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: I appear to be stuck in Asteroid Base on Natanya

Post by eracc »

I have not run into this (yet) with 0.5.0 stable. However, maybe it is related to this:

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... base+stuck

Supposedly you can hack your saved game file to put your ship in a different location. I have not tried that myself so I do not know how it is done. However, a hint on how to do that is here:

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... ck#p111631
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".
w03
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by w03 »

As eracc said, you are probably stuck in the base. Eracc also mentioned hacking your ship to a different location. However, an easier way is to switch to a huge ship (such as a clydesdale or tesla) and then exit the base. Because the ship is so large, it will spawn several kilometers outside of the base (yes, I have tried this). If you don't have a large ship, hack yourself one (look in older threads on how to do this).
Keller
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Keller »

Another quick workaround (without hacking the save file) is to switch to another of your ships (hey, if you're in Natanya, you'll likely have at least one more), then switch back. VS will jump your ship out some distance from the base when spawning, so you shouldn't have a problem then.

Hope This Helps,
Nothing is uninteresting. ;)