Motion error

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
LinusRampart
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Motion error

Post by LinusRampart »

This is perhaps a n00b query, but I can't move. I compiled the game from source, and everything else works, I just can't move.

I hit "+" and see the numbers for the thruster increase, but my position doesn't change?

Any help?

I am running it the following.

Gateway M-1634u
4GB ram
256MB vram
PCLOS-2009.2
kernel 2.6.26.8.tex3
Laraso
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Motion error

Post by Laraso »

I had the same "problem", and I thought the same thing when I first started playing Vega Strike. I was like, FTW??? I CAN'T MOVE! Then I went onto the forums and noticed no one else had my problem. The manual kept talking about SPEC drive and autopilot, and I was very confused. Thats when I tried autopilot. Press the n button to select something. Once you have found something you want to travel to, (Please, don't pick a planet for your first travel.) press the a button. After pressing the a button, you will see the numbers fluctuate up and down, and your ship will appear to turn, but at first it may not look as if it isn't moving at all. Just let it sit there and do its thing. After a few seconds, the SPEC drive will kick in and your ship will start traveling faster than light, straight toward whatever it was that you targeted. After you get there, use + and - to adjust your speed. This is where you actually get to see your ship move. You can use + and -, but I really prefer to use the Tab key. Try this on a wormhole or spacestation. Need any more help just ask. :D
LinusRampart
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by LinusRampart »

Thanks! It worked just like you said! I CAN FLY!!! :D
Laraso
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Laraso »

Your welcome, I had a really tough time figuring that out on my own. But once you get the hang of it, it seems so simple its like a monkey could do it. But it really isnt. :mrgreen:
kev09
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by kev09 »

i cant start up the game it says that there was troubleshooting and it closes the program i tried installing it again but it resulted in the same out comekev09
Atmospheric Pilot help

Private messageE-mail
Laraso
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Laraso »

It says there was troubleshooting? Thats... odd... Troubleshooting is usually a help program that helps you determine what went wrong with something or something... So I think you read that wrong. Not sure though, cause this has never happened to me before, ever.
kev09
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by kev09 »

i install it when it finish i go to my programs and start up the game and when i do the screen goes blank and says that windows have shut down vega strike and that wat happens all the time i tried to reinstal but wont work
Laraso
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Laraso »

If Windows shut down Vega Strike, and you have reinstalled it and stuff, maybe its just your computer. IDK, I am not good with tech support. I'm better at helping people learn the game, creating stuff and such. Sorry but I can't help you. :(
JsnMtth
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by JsnMtth »

What kind of hardware and software are you running. The game runs on OpenGL, so your graphics card must support it. I need to know what OS your running also ie: Mac OSX 10.4, Ubuntu, Windows XP Pro with SP3, Microsoft Vista (God forbid).
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Did you run vssetup? You have to. And make sure the resolution you set is supported
by your videocard/monitor.
You also need the *latest* drivers, specially videocard.
If that doesn't fix the problem, post your stderr.txt's contents in a post here.
It's a log file in your /vegastrike/bin folder.
kev09
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by kev09 »

i have windows vista where do i get the video card or check what it is and my moniter is a hp w2338h and that all i know