What is Vega strike?

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Gloom Demon
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

What is Vega strike?

Post by Gloom Demon »

Sorry for such an obvious question, but does VS has a plot/storyline/quest in it? Or is it "only" a space mercenary/trader simulation?

For example in Privateer you could fly around with your own agenda (which got boring fairly quickly) or you could go along the storyline to uncover the secret of the artifact. Does VS have a plot like this?

Thank you.
Caret
Explorer
Explorer

Re: What is Vega strike?

Post by Caret »

At the moment there's a few missions that lead on to each other, starting at the bar on the ocean planet. I think longer plots are somewhere on the todo list.

There are several wars going on all the time that you can get involved in, but generally at the moment you just do individual missions or trade cargo.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome Gloom Demon there is a story line in the works it's just that the guy with all the background info for the VS universe has a Master's thesis that has taken precedence to any work on it.So as Caret mentioned there is currently just the how to fly your ship tutorial(in the svn version) and that mini quest he mentioned that starts by taking the hauler's cargo mission.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Gloom Demon
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Gloom Demon »

Thanks for the answers :-)

Another question though - since there are wars going on - is there a way to join some faction or race in order to destroy another one?
Caret
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Caret »

Not exactly, it's on the roadmap to be done before the 0.6.0 release. You can make yourself more popular with a faction by killing its enemies, and you can buy ships from any faction, but you won't be asked to destroy anything larger than a capital ship. That doesn't stop you from attacking bases if you want.

It would be nice if they added the ability to join an armada at some point in the future, I think it's been discussed in the Feature Request forum a while ago.