repair droids

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
appollokillers1
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

repair droids

Post by appollokillers1 »

Well,i think i'm the onlyone here that it's askin this,how do you activate the droids?
And other thing,it's posible to buy a heavy military capship?and from where?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: repair droids

Post by loki1950 »

The Repair Droids work automatically but the HUD repair one is buggy so don't buy it :wink:
The only cap ship that is player can buy is the Clydesdale that you can find on Trantor and Ice class planets it is rare though and may not show up at the ship dealer on the first visit.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

appollokillers1 wrote:Well,i think i'm the onlyone here that it's askin this,how do you activate the droids?
By taking some damage. ;) But little buggers are a bit slow and will not show a result until current repair ends (no running %-s) and they choose new one.
appollokillers1 wrote:And other thing,it's posible to buy a heavy military capship?and from where?
Clydesdale.merchant, Ox.stock - Merchant/Light_Capship - dirt, snow, moon, newdetroit (trantor) planets.
Mule.stock - Merchant/Heavy, more widespread.
Goddard is not a capship, but almost (blank has capship-light mounts, but even nerfed player-allowed milspec is a big nasty death machine), and more battle-worthy than merchant boxes; it's Confed/Milspec, so it's available in many, many places. Though if you just want to blast pirate Thales or Gleaner, well-outfitted Admonisher can do it with ease. Especially if you'll shoot turrets off first.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
appollokillers1
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by appollokillers1 »

Yes i know of Clydesdale,i have it,so,it's not posible to buy a big one,to bad,then i hope one day they put new cap ships in the buy list and solve the the 2 problems in the upgrade categorie,the repair droid and the clock device,i can't buy it,i try with all the ships i have.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

One of the small fighters comes with the cloak and one of the Arean fighters as well have a look at unit.csv for which ship can mount a cloak there is a special column for cloaking and for others it may be in the forbidden upgrades list.And the cap ships are not fun to fly as they have very low acceleration and manoeuvrability not surprising for something kilometres in length as we try to model the physics correctly :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
redpirate37
Explorer
Explorer

Post by redpirate37 »

:?:

Repairdroids dont repair armour, why?

What are the Clones, Contrabands good for? Effecting anything?

How can i change ownership of a planet?

Are the Goods in trading effecting anything?

Is it possibel 2 make a Planet 4Xmple from overgrown biodiverse by terraforming 2 biodiverse only or a rocky planet 2
overgrown biodiverse?

Is it anyhow possible to capture ships or planets, stations?

How can i get Wingmans which are AI armoured with some weapons?
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by eracc »

I'll take a shot at answering the questions I think I can answer.
redpirate37 wrote::?: Repairdroids dont repair armour, why?
Where is a Repair droid going to get replacement armor out in space? Create it from vaccuum? It is logical that they cannot fix damaged armor. Some damage should have to be fixed at a dock repair station, armor damage being one example.
redpirate37 wrote:Is it anyhow possible to capture ships or planets, stations?
ships - yes, planets - no, stations - I don't think so.
redpirate37 wrote:How can i get Wingmans which are AI armoured with some weapons?
While flying with wingmen one could at one time switch to a wingman's ship with the keyboard command '['. I suppose that still works but have not used wingmen since I started playing again. Then one can fly the wingman's ship to a dock and upgrade it. Of course your original ship then becomes an AI ship, so don't do this from a ship you would not want to lose in the event Aera move in while you are doing this. ;)
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".
redpirate37
Explorer
Explorer

Post by redpirate37 »

Repairdroids dont repair armour, why? ( 4 what are repairdroids good? The Cargo rom is full with material to fix the armour, tools , steel, iron, robotlasers, hullplates etc. )

What are the Clones, Contrabands good for? Effecting anything?

How can i change ownership of a planet? So why not with the cyborgs or clones, btw, where are they build? Every Capship got
one of each but no planet sells them ... Same to slaves, illegal weapons.

Are the Goods in trading effecting anything? !? No... ?

Is it possibel 2 make a Planet 4Xmple from overgrown biodiverse by terraforming 2 biodiverse only or a rocky planet 2
overgrown biodiverse?

Is it anyhow possible to capture ships or planets, stations?
HOW 2 capture a ship? Dock at it during a fight??

How can i get Wingmans as CARGO which are AI armoured with some weapons?