Need some clarification...

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
w03
Mercenary
Mercenary

Need some clarification...

Post by w03 »

I just downloaded vega strike a few weeks ago, and I now have a pacifier, plowshare, and a stripped down llama. Unfortunately, uln, pirates (obviously), forsaken, merchanists, shmrn citizens, and for some reason, klkk all hate me. Oddly enough, I have 2 kills on klkk and 3 on merchanists. I am very confused; most of the 'kills" were when I heard/saw some far off explosion and it said a klkk or merchanist was destroyed, no evidence of a kamikaze attack. Now, whenever I try to dock at a nearby commerce center, the center flies away and massive swarms of kafkas, koalas, and the like try to launch a kamikaze attack. This is very aggravating (especially the commerce center/mining base/jump point/relay/factory flying away) and I would like some clarification. Thanks in advance.
tfc_generalKMK
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Need some clarification...

Post by tfc_generalKMK »

well all the "good" factions will be affected by your actions on one of their group same with bad so say you kill a pirate then uln and forsaken start to dislike you as well as pirates and for another example ( not so sure about this one but it makes sense in the good/legal factions way of thinking) attacking a klkk will make confed, shrmm, and a whole bunch of other "good/legal" factions start to not like you

you might want to either spam the f1 key on one of these factions that don't like you get on their good side then do it to the next this is the hard way easy way is to start a new game and only kill ludittes
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

welcome w03 you didn't by any chance shoot at some pirates and actually succeed that gets the Uln and Forsaken on your tail and it can quickly degenerate so that any faction allied to the secondary ones start to dislike you as well at the beginning.The only safe targets are the Luddites everyone dislikes them.It maybe possible to repair the relationships but going on rampage against the Luddites it will take a while for it to take effect though i would start a new game and avoid confrontations till i could afford a better ship,There is talk of tweaking the relationships and the code that handles them but that's a way off so that it is abit more logical but then when where political relationships ever logical :shock:

PS looks like the general beat me to the post with the same advice 8)
Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Generally, this happens because someone is upset by killing related faction or stray shot. Then if your "enemy" is killed before you calm them down, they are counted against you. Just like mission target pirate vaporized by capship that happened to be nearby will be counted as both your kill and mission completion. It's a bit messed up, so you have to cycle "foes" list and talk out of this everyone you won't like to be counted as your kill if some NPC accidentally ram them or something.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
w03
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by w03 »

Well, the problem seems to have somewhat resolved. I saved up enough money from a factory->mining base trade route to buy a shiny new Derivative, and the attacks have nearly stopped. I also bought two shield breakers, one for the pacifier and one for the Derivative (which can only hold dual shields for some reason). :D
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Lots of ships use the dual shields usually a design decision and partly for balance don't really want one ship to to dominate that much.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
w03
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by w03 »

Never mind about the problem being solved, I took off at a mining base and was toasted by a Corvette in about two shots of its front weaponry :shock: . By the way, do you know any medium weapons that can be mounted on a plowshare to loot autofacs from gleaners?
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Post by MC707 »

w03 wrote:Never mind about the problem being solved, I took off at a mining base and was toasted by a Corvette in about two shots of its front weaponry :shock: . By the way, do you know any medium weapons that can be mounted on a plowshare to loot autofacs from gleaners?
The chances you steal an autofac from a gleaner are extremely low. First, you have to have a heavy tractor beam attached to the plowshare, which is moderately difficult to find. Then, you have to blow the gleaner. IIRC, you can mount torpedoes in the plowshare. Even like that, you have to be in a system that can blow the gleaner for you, since blowing a gleaner with the plowshare is virtually impossible. Then, you have to tractor the autofac to your plowshare, which IIRC takes quite a time because the autofac still moves slow as hell. Then, you have to move your plowshare which is 5000% its base mass at that point (or something like that), and cope with any remaining hyenas that want to break you in two. I once tried, failing miserably about 20 times. Then, I decided to simply take the longer route and keep my bounty huntin missions. So overall, if you do capture the autofac, then you are my hero. If not, don't feel miserable. You know somebody has failed before you :lol:
My Machine: OS: Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) 64 bit in a 500GB Maxtor HD @ 7200 RPM, Windows Vista PsyChoses Edition 2009 32 bit in a 500GB Samsung HD @ 7200 RPM CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT @ 1024 MB RAM: 3891 MB
Earthlings|The End of the Internet?|FreeWebsite
w03
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by w03 »

Well, before you replied I already blew up every gleaner in my system and one ox as well! I managed to grab the autofac from the last gleaner I blew up with my dual heavy tractors, and I have made a fortune trading AI cores! Oh, and by the way, now I have a clydesdale! :D In 0.50 for me at least, confed heavy tractors are quite easy to find at fighter barracks. As for tractoring in the autofac, I guess I got lucky, because I merely rushed toward the autofac and fired my tractor beams in the general direction of the cargo when I was several hundred meters away.
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Post by MC707 »

amazing. dunno what you did to blow everyone with the plowshare, but congrats. As I said, I failed miserably :(
My Machine: OS: Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) 64 bit in a 500GB Maxtor HD @ 7200 RPM, Windows Vista PsyChoses Edition 2009 32 bit in a 500GB Samsung HD @ 7200 RPM CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT @ 1024 MB RAM: 3891 MB
Earthlings|The End of the Internet?|FreeWebsite