linux, fedora 10, won't play shader/slang/slang problem

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
mcmillanje
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

linux, fedora 10, won't play shader/slang/slang problem

Post by mcmillanje »

hey guys. I've been a fan of vs for some time, but i just switched from windows to linux and can't get it to work. Sorry if Its just something dumb I'm kinda new to linux.

anyways, running from command line is says the following:

Code: Select all

vegastrike: shader/slang/slang_emit.c:297: storage_to_src_reg: Assertion `index >= 0' failed.
aborted.
what does that mean? I've google'd all over and I can't figure it out. Help? :cry:

-Jesse

oh, btw in case it matters:

system specs:
fedora 10 x86_64
toshiba satellite laptop
amd athalon QL-60 dual core 64 bit
ati radeon 3100 (i believe)
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Re: linux, fedora 10, won't play shader/slang/slang problem

Post by ace123 »

First of all, can you get the game running if you go to vssetup and turn off shaders (set it to No Shaders).

It sounds to me like you are using mesa, and mesa sometimes has trouble with complicated things (not to mention that it might be doing shading in software which will be slow.

The only way to get it working might be to install ATI's proprietary drivers, and if you are lucky things might work better, but ATI has notoriously terrible Linux support so there's a chance it won't work.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: linux, fedora 10, won't play shader/slang/slang problem

Post by loki1950 »

If you decide to install the ATI driver this guide is the best for fedora originated by fedora's Compiz maintainer and if you have trouble register there and post your problem but a search of that forum will most likely turn it up.BTW welcome aboard mcmillanje.

ps the fedora forums are a friendly place 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2