Excellent work!

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.

Excellent work!

Post by Guest »

Hi, new here, must say excellent work.

This is pretty much the game I've been waiting for. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'll try my hand at coming up with some vessels, but I can't guarante they'll be any good :)
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

not really hard with wings, I promise you :) just let speak your imagination.
What sort of ships are you thinking about?
I see dead polygons....

Post by Guest »

etheral walker wrote:not really hard with wings, I promise you :) just let speak your imagination.
What sort of ships are you thinking about?
Cargo, mostly. I'm trying to get the hang of wings as we speak. I'm putting it on my laptop so I can take it with me to work so I can use it in my off hours. I'm coming up with a pretty basic design right now. Texturizing should be interesting, though. /me wonders what he'll need for that.
etheral walker
Elite
Elite

Post by etheral walker »

great great great :)
waiting for your meshes :)
I see dead polygons....
Spanner
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Spanner »

It'll be awhile, I'm going to be away for a month atleast, hence the laptop.
The first one's looking kinda boxy, but I figure that's the way they would look. I wonder if I could redo the Merc. cruiser from Traveller. That would be cool.
Sig on,
Sig off
enlightenment
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by enlightenment »

Anonymous wrote:Texturizing should be interesting, though. /me wonders what he'll need for that.
Photoshop and/or Painter if you have a few hundred dollars to burn. The GIMP if you want/need to do this on the cheap.
Spanner
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Spanner »

Enlightenment wrote:
Photoshop and/or Painter if you have a few hundred dollars to burn. The GIMP if you want/need to do this on the cheap.
Does the version of Photoshop matter? I've got an older one around here, I think it was 5.0 LE. If not I'll go with the GIMP, I don't really feel like shelling out $200 right now :)
Sig on,
Sig off
enlightenment
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by enlightenment »

Spanner wrote:Does the version of Photoshop matter?
Any of the full releases are good enough if all you're doing is painting a few textures. Depending on how you'd rather work, however, demoware versions ('LE') might be a problem depending on what features were left out.
Linknoid
Trader
Trader

Post by Linknoid »

I should just point this out: Adobe also makes a "consumer" version of Photoshop, called Photoshop Elements. Instead of spending $500 on the full version, it only runs between $70 and $100. I was running a (oh no!) pirated version of Photoshop 5.0 for a while because there was no way I was going to shell out $500 for any piece of software, especially one I barely ever use. Then someone pointed out Photoshop Elements, which has basically all the features of Photoshop except the ones that only a professional graphic designer would need (I think stuff related to other color spaces like CMYK and other prepress related stuff). And in fact, this version of Photoshop Elements is more featureful than the old Photoshop 5.0 that I was using, plus it's a legal copy :-) I don't think most people are aware of Photoshop Elements, but I think it's a great deal. I guess if you can understand the GIMP, you might want to use that since it's free, but I spent about 3 hours with the GIMP and still have no clue how it works.
enlightenment
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by enlightenment »

There's also an educational edition of Photoshop that's fully functional but costs considerably less. This version is avilable to anyone involved in education, both students and teachers/professors/faculty.
Tovi

Multiplay ?

Post by Tovi »

Uw, there's no multiplayer mod.
There ar hundred games like this since Elite.
And I got azerty keybord (and no numerics).
No time to loose with that game...
Duality
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Duality »

I use corel photo paint for skinning my ships....
Hay I'm a total fond of 3d space flight sims..