time for 0.3.9?

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Duality
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Duality »

I noticed... the game crashed on me because of the new models I used.
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

If my memory serves me right i seem to remember howard day working on some REALLY nice planet textures a while back... over a year ago. Any word on those, i would love to see them in 0.4.0.

All that i can say is that 0.4.0 sounds like its going to be amazing. Dyanmic unviverse, 10x better graphics IMO, in-game map, in-system jumps, etc. It sounds as if the jump from 0.3.0 to 0.4.0 may be as big as the jump from 0.1 to 0.2, possibly even bigger. VS is fairly well known now but after 0.4.0 i think VS will have the potential to become extremely popular.
Electro tech

Post by Electro tech »

with the realease of the new models, does that mean that my remake(aera), models are useless now??
scheherazade
Developer
Developer

Post by scheherazade »

depends which look nicer

its really always for the better of the project to keep the nicest stuff in.

i know what it feels like at first, to have your shit replaced. .. it sucks..

but in time you get used to it, and you even look forward to it. just cause you'll learn to want the project to be the nicest, not just your work to be in it.

-scheherazade
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

I certainly like your aeon better than howard's aeon...
but the problem with your mods (if I remember...I forget now) are that they hve the weapons built in...

it would be great if you could remove the weapons from the aeon--I think I liked some of your other ships better too... like the lekra implemnetation... but really I havne't given howard's a fair chance yet since I'm taking finals

I was thinking of making your models some souped up versions of the other models.... like one would go to the military and others would go to Aera citizens.

try them in game and do a comparison....I really haven't the chance either way....

a popular vote could be held...but I think we may work both in--since they both look exceedingly nice

I wish someone would make specular maps for these
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Electro tech

Post by Electro tech »

il try removing the gun barrels from my aera models.. and I wonder if I need to send the my models that have the gun barrels removed from them..

to me, i didn't even know there was going to be a weapon xmesh gun until i looked at this thread. soo.. it wouldent hurt for a revanping.

well lets see, mabie my models could civilian crafts and howards can be military.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

your aeon looks totally meaner than his ;-)

it would be nice if you coudl make specular maps for your aera ships as well--that really adds to thier looks
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

dandandaman wrote:just a thought..but will the minimalist binary (win) work with cvs data? it should....
it does (at least for me ;-))
so there is an instant release for anyone who really wants it that much....but there is too much not done to warrant another release just yet :-)
How about this:
If somebody could compile the binaries lets say every week and
upload it to the VS-server that would be great (any volunteers???)
So we can copy them to the cvs data and test the cvs game.

Pontiac
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

there's one this week
http://vegastrike.sf.net/files/vegastrike.zip
I think

courtesy ace123
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

hellcat wrote:there's one this week
http://vegastrike.sf.net/files/vegastrike.zip
I think
courtesy ace123
download in progress ......

thanks to ace123

Pontiac
Ziolas
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ziolas »

I have access to a 100Mb/s line and visual c++. If anyone is interested, I can do weekly windows builds, and when I solve some problems with my harddrive, I'll also be able to do linux builds. Just give me a place to dump them.
pontiac
Elite
Elite

Post by pontiac »

Ziolas wrote:I have access to a 100Mb/s line and visual c++. If anyone is interested, I can do weekly windows builds, and when I solve some problems with my harddrive, I'll also be able to do linux builds. Just give me a place to dump them.
That would be great. 8)
I can't give you a place to dump (my 10Mb-webspace is 90% full :roll:),
but maybe hellcatv can give you CVS-access or something

Pontiac